15

it's been a few weeks since i've been in school. i ended up taking a few weeks off because i began to have breakdowns in the parking lot when ethan would drop me off in the morning.

he would give up and take me home, knowing i couldn't go inside like a mess.

after i would be cleaned up, i would be dropped off by them both. but i would scream, kick. do anything not to go in, i don't want to be around those people anymore.

i held the straps of my backpack tightly with my head hung low. i quickly walked to my locker, fiddling the get the lock open.

as soon as it opened i put my books in the small metal compartment, but before i could shut it. someone slammed it, catching my hand in the locker.

i looked at the person who did it. the same person who gives me pain and tries to drag me down.

i shrieked in pain, my hand locked in the locker. tears pricking my eyes.

the guy sniggered, looking back to his friends to get high fives. people turned their heads towards me, while i was trying to open the locker to get my hand out but couldn't.

i slightly lost the energy, i watched as him and his posse (a group of friends) walk down the hallway.

teachers began to run out. opening the locker. i looked at my hand, i knew it was completely fucked.

"you need to go to hospital" mrs. davis said. "i'll go call one of your brothers to get here now and take you to hospital. go to the nurses office, i'm sure she'll be able to clean it up a bit" she cringed at my hand.

i nodded, tears finally falling. i don't get why he turned his back on me. i didn't do anything.

ethan and grayson rushed into the nurse's office in panic.

a few other students were here too. they began to freak out, but ethan and grayson ignored them since they were too worried for me.

"what happened" grayson looked at me with panic in his eyes.

"i'll tell you when we get to the hospital. but you need to get my hand that looks like a balloon sorted out" i pointed to my hand.

they nodded, they both ran their hands through their hair in pure panic.

-

"it's definitely broken. you're gonna need a cast for a while" the doctor said as he examined my hand.

"great, who the fuck did this can rot in hell" ethan said in anger. his face was flushed red, in anger.

"literally" grayson agreed, also in anger.

i sighed, but whimpering when the doctor touched my hand in the most painful spot.

"but first, before we do anything. we need to do a small operation on your hand. it looks like there has been some serious damage done to your hand" the nurse said as she came in with a sheet from my x-ray scan.

"i'm going up the school while she's having her operation to see exactly who did this. and they'll regret doing anything" i heard ethan whisper to grayson.

"no e, you can't." grayson whispered back.

"why can't i?" ethan said a little louder.

"just... just don't. please ethan. you know melody won't like you going up there and make a big scene" grayson said trying to stop him.

ethan's pov:

i watched as they rolled her into the operation room. i fiddled with my phone in nervousness.

"i wanna know who did it" i said

"i do too. but don't ask her as soon as she gets out of her operation. ask her tomorrow or something." grayson said, looking at me.

"well i guess we'll have to be detectives today" i shrugged.

grayson nodded.

we began to pick the obvious movement of melody and note down what she acts like when we have mentioned cruise a few times. she gets nervous and begins to get scared slightly, causing her breathing to get funny.

she would lie to us about school. she has been coming out of school with bruises along her arms and legs. sometimes on her back and around her neck.

melody would say that she was clumsy and accidentally fall over or something. but i have known she was lying but didn't say anything.

"she's getting bullied, or even worse mentally and physically abused by cruise and his friends" i said blankly before switching my gaze from the wall to grayson.

"ok that doesn't make sense. he can't be doing that. she loves him. their best friends" grayson shook his head in disbelief.

"gray. you do not know how many times i've heard her talk to her friends about him. crying hysterically wishing she was at home in the comfort of mom and dad's arms" i said. "she says how much she hates her life and wishes she wasn't our sister, even worse being born"

grayson held his low, his head in his hands. i heard a sniff from him. i pulled him up and and looked at him. he was crying, crying because of melody being sad. none of us like seeing her like this and sometimes it causes us to be sad because we feel her pain.

she's such a happy kid, she always has been. and i wish it could just stay that way.

"please don't cry" i said, hugging him.

"ethan, i just... feel like a bad brother. i really feel like we should of never asked her to live with us. it was a huge mistake" he rambled on, on his way of having a panic attack.

"shh. shut up. stop going on. obviously it was a great idea. but probably not at this time. she's still getting older, making her decisions that she might regret. we all know she doesn't regret saying yes, she just said yes at the wrong time." i said. "do you know where i'm coming from?"

i felt him nod, agreeing. he sighed as he pulled away. he looked so sad.

"and i don't know who made the rules. but you have to go through the worst of times, to get the best of times" i smiled slightly.