16

i glanced down at my wrapped up hand. it was still painful. i watched as grayson put my bags in the back of his car and ethan helped him.

they both sat in the front while i sat in the back, looking through the window.

it's been a rough few days, ethan and grayson spoke to mom and dad. they wanted me home immediately. so that's what we are doing, going on a roadtrip back home at 3am.

i snuggled up more in ethan's blanket, the one i used to wrap up in at home when i was in a rough state. i was surprised he had still kept it.

"you ok melody?" grayson looked into the mirror, concerned.

"yeah" i said, closing my eyes.

sleep immediately took over me, all i could feel was the bumps from the road and the car turning.

+++

"bubba. wake up" i heard grayson say.

i opened my eyes and saw we were home.

home in jersey.

home.

i opened up my arms, signaling i wanted to be carried. he got it and picked me up and brung me inside.

he set me down on the couch and went back out, mom and dad came rushing in.

"oh honey. i'm so sorry this happened" she wrapped me up in a hug, being careful with my hand.

"it's ok" i whispered.

she held me tight, as if she was gonna loose me. it has been so tough and i didn't know i needed a hug from my mom until now.

it's comforting to be in the presence of your family, especially your mom and dad, when your not feeling great. i love it.

"melody. i'm sorry we let live with them" dad said as he hugged me, he sounded regretful.

"dad. don't sound regretful. it was the best time i had. sometimes life will hit you with bad things" i said, as i snuggled closer.

he sighed, letting me go. my parents both looked each other before turning to my brothers who were in the doorway.

they both held their arms open for them. they both ran into my parents arms, breaking down immediately.

it must hurt that this happened, that my parents sound so regretful. but i guess it's life, and not everyone will not get the way you roll with life.

i thanked my mom as she placed the plate in front of me with my favorite food, spaghetti bolognese.

i smiled as the smell of it went up my nose. ethan and grayson began to drool over it. it's clear we all missed mom's homemade dinners, and it gave us a break from grayson's 'food'.

we all began to get tucked into our food, until mom spoke up.

"what did actually happen while you were in school" she asked, taking a mouthful of food after.

i explained to her about cruise, how we clicked. and the next day he and his friends began to bully me. not so bad, but it progressed. he would punch me, kick me, pull or drag me by my hair, spit on me, make fun of ethan and grayson or make fun of me for being the sibling of too very well known people.

ethan and grayson's mouths were hung open the whole time, after i finished. i heard the noise of cutlery being thrown.

"i knew it was that fucking cruise. he's going to regret what he did to my sister" ethan said in pure anger, his jaw clenched in anger.

and you could basically see the steam coming out from his ears.

"no please don't ethan. don't make this like a big deal" i pleaded.

"no. i'm making it a big deal. no one deserves to be hurt by a selfish and careless prick." ethan stood up, banging his fists on the table in anger.

i had never seen him like this in a year when he got stressed over a video. i never imagined this side to come out again.

"i'm sorry. i just-" i whispered, before a bang on the door began.

grayson gave everyone a concerned look before opening the door. then i heard that girl's voice.

"omg! it is the dolan twins house! oh my!" she squealed, making me cringe.

i slowly sat up and ran to the door. i stood next to grayson, giving her a look.

"get off our property" i spat.

she folded her arms, shrugging. she shook her head no. ethan became running in, still angry from dinner.

"get off our property, and go back to your childish little posy" he glared at her.

"if i don't what will happen?" she smirked, admiring her nails.

i looked at ethan, and began to jump towards her. pushing her, she slapped me round the face and we began to hit each other.

"melody! melody! MELODY!" ethan and grayson yelled, shaking me.

i looked around, we're home in jersey.

i missed it here, it's been a few good months. i looked around the scenery, a small smile broke out onto my lips loving the feeling of being home.

i shook my head at the weird dream i had.

it was cold since it's november right now, i wrapped the blanket more tighter round my body and began to walk up the steps to the front door where my parents were standing. smiling very wide, happy we were home.

"mom. dad. i missed you" i smiled, happy to be in their presence again.

their arms wrapped around my body, making me melt right there in their arms. oh my, i didn't realize how much i have missed them until now. now i know why ethan and and grayson are like this when they come home.

"hello darling. welcome home for a while" mom spoke up, holding me closer.

it felt good, amazing. all those words that describe something that is exciting and happy i could think about.

"come on, let's get inside from the cold." dad said, moving away from me and slightly pulling me in and making me follow after my mom to the living room while he helped ethan and grayson.

i stepped inside, the heat smacking me in the face. i sat down on the couch and looked around, it looks like it's changed slightly. there's more photos of me on the mantle piece, especially with my siblings.

"oh. honey. how is your hand" she softly picked up my hand admiring it.

"it's fine now. just sucks when i have a itch and can't get to it" i said, watching as she looking at the signatures from random people and my brothers.

she laughed softly and placed my hand back down.

"you know, there are people in the world who will never get the way you roll with life" she started. "there will be people who don't agree the way you work with life, don't worry about them. worry about those who do like the way you work with life and liking your amazing personality. those people matter who worry or care about you more than anything" she smiled, looking at my face. bringing her hand up to my cheek and rubbing it softly.

"i know. it's just.. sometimes it hurts when people don't get you and decide to judge your way of life when they finally get to know you" i huffed slightly, looking down.

"hey melody. listen to what i said, there will be people who will not like the way you work. don't worry about them, their helpless people who are missing out on an amazing person like you" she placed her hand on my shoulder, smiling.