24

today was the day of my dad's funeral. so called 'fans' have been saying there are attending sean's funeral service to be there for my brothers.

it made me sick when i saw it. i was quick on it. but obviously got hate for it.

devyn came to my house on monday. she met my family. they are all fell in love with her. and i knew they would. my fury towards her immediately softened when she came.

i understood she wasn't going to let me go through this alone. i understood she didn't care about anything but me.

and i'm thankful for her. and i'm glad we met each other because i would never be the confident, outgoing person i am today. since the cruise situation.

a few times i've walked into ethan and grayson's shared bedroom and seen grayson on the floor, on the bed or either in the bathroom having a huge ass anxiety attack numerous times since dad's passing.

ethan hasn't been around really. he's been out and about. hanging around with emma and bryant as they came to jersey to support our family as well as ethan and grayson.

over time i've learnt how to calm grayson down. and i can tell he feels guilty but he doesn't deserve this. as well as my whole family.

and i'm going to help him, ethan and everyone else no matter what. they are my family and family lasts forever.

-

"i really want you to feel comfortable with reading your speech out today" devyn said. brushing my hair through as she tried to style it.

"i know how hard that is. i had to do one for my grandma when she died." she smiled softly as she looked at me.

"i'm scared though dev" i sighed.

"you'll do great." she patted my shoulders before flicking her black hair over her shoulder and picking up her perfume to spray on her body.

i mumbled a thank you and promised myself to take her out tonight to thank her.

we sat in the back of our family car, mom and cameron at the front. ethan, grayson and emma in the middle and me and devyn at the back.

so many family members was stood at the front. i got out the car and took devyn's hand, assuring her she would be okay.

at that small gesture. she blushed. confusion striked me. i shook it off and kept on walking to my family members.

i said hello to family members and introduced devyn to them. they all loved her, well i mean who wouldn't.

"next up to tell their speech is. melody" ethan looked over at me.

i stood up and wiped my sweaty hands on my legs. i walked past ethan who whispered a 'good luck'.

i placed the pieces of paper on the stand and looked at everyone. some was crying, like mom and my aunties. while devyn was pointing her thumbs up at me. i shot her a small glance to stop.

"so" i started before fully beginning.

"my dad. sean dolan. he was the type of person to put people before him. whether they have done something bad or good. he never missed a sports game, making sure to get home from work to tuck me into bed and read me a bedtime story or would video call my mom just to tell me stories about his day when he would go on the road to schools to show his new books. something he still did till he peacefully passed away."

i paused for a second before speaking. tears were flowing down my face uncontrollably. i steadied myself, to make sure i wouldn't panic in front of my family after i tell them i'm lesbian.

"when i would hang out with cameron. she helped me to come out to my mom, dad and brothers. i remember that day. my dad came into my bedroom and sat in my bed with me. cuddling me and telling me a few words that will forever stick beside me.

"he said. 'melody?, i don't care whether you're lesbian, tall, short, big, skinny. you'll always be my melody because of your heart and attitude. those things are things that make you, you. and your heart shows people who you are. a beautiful, young, courageous girl.' that helped me with my anxiety that night when i told me family i am lesbian. yes i am, lesbian. whether you like it or not.

"thank you dad for being there when nobody else wasn't. thank you for helping me push through those hard times, like when i lost aris. thank you for believing me. i hope you peacefully rest while watching over me and everyone else. and i hope i can make you proud one day. i love you with everything in me, sleep tight angel"

i picked up the pieces of paper and walked off the little stage. people clapped. smiling while crying. i sat in my space next to devyn. she hugged me, telling me i did amazing.

what the fuck would i do without this ray of sunshine, who also takes my breath away whenever she steps into the room. makes me blush uncontrollably a lot.

i think i have officially fallen in love with her.