day: three

(a/n: sorry for not saying this earlier. but this is the last chapter of this whole book. so it's EXTRA long. enjoy😊)

i woke up to loud music being played from another room. i looked over beside me to see that the bed was empty. i removed to covers from my body and walked into the kitchen to see everyone chatting away together.

"good morning" i smiled widely.

they just looked at me and smiled lightly, barely acknowledging me. i was kind of thrown off a bit, causing my smile to fade. normally they are so cheerful and they would normally greet me. i shrugged it off and went to the fridge to grab something to eat.

it was probably that it's the last day of coachella today, but i didn't understand why they were freely chatting away to each other and when i walk in it goes dead silent.

i took a yoghurt and some fruit along with a bottle of water. i headed back to the bedroom as they didn't want to talk to me. i sat on the bed and began to check my phone. 2 messages popped up, 'from jason🐢 in 'e,g,m''.

ethan has messaged our group chat.

e,g,m

jason🐢: good morning. you okay melody?

melody: yeah kind of. but everyone is being so distant and i'm getting worried.

i presses the home button, to exit out of the app and turned off my phone and went over to my suitcase. i decided to get ready early because i couldn't stand feeling like this.

my phone began to ring, i looked at the caller id. 'jason🐢 is calling' i swiped right and put the phone on loud speaker so i could still hear while i was getting ready.

"what happened this morning then?" he asked, then grayson's voice popped up.

"hi melody" he exclaimed cheerfully.

"bro not right now, somethings happened apparently so i'm trying to find out" ethan said quietly as he spoke to grayson.

a long pause took over, but then ethan spoke up. "anyway. what happened?"

"i don't fucking know. i walk in the kitchen. i say good morning and they barely acknowledge me." i said, sliding on my skirt.

"i really don't know what to do. i don't want to sound mean and tell them they can't hang around with me, gray and bryant because you want to avoid them" ethan sighed.

"i'll figure something out" i said. "anyway. i'll walk to your airbnb when i'm ready" i said.

"okay. bye. love you"

"love you too" and i then hung up.

today's going to be very eventful.

-

i knocked on the door of their airbnb, grayson opened it and immediately pulled me into a hug. i wrapped my arms around his body as his were around my shoulders.

"melody" his voice trailed off towards the end.

"no don't start this shit now. i want to enjoy my last day" i sighed as i pulled away.

he looked at me, nodding. "well i guess we should start getting our pictures taken" ethan said, trying to lighten up the mood.

i nodded my head and followed them outside. there was 2 bikes, one baby blue and one like a dark orange almost red one. to match their outfits of the last day.

"ok melody, you're up first" ethan said, lightly pushing me forwards.

i nodded my head and stood in front of bryant who was fiddling around with his camera. i stood in the middle of the road, near the twins' bnb, and waited for bryant to start the mini shoot.