~20~

"I better get that." Hoseok suddenly lets go of you and steps back, clearing his throat. You blush as you adjust your hair and clothes and stare down at the floor. Hoseok leans over to you and links his hand with yours before he's tugging you down the stairs behind him.

"Is it our parents?" You whisper nervously as you cling to Hoseok's arm with your other hand. He glances down at you and notices your nervous expression and stops dead in his tracks.

"What's wrong?" Hoseok asks softly as you attempt to bury your face in his arm. He grunts in frustration and cups your chin, forcing you to look at him. "I asked what was wrong, Y/N." He pushes, his voice more intense. You gulp and pull away from his arm slowly.

You didn't want to tell him what was wrong. You didn't want to show you were weak or that you were afraid. You wanted Hoseok to think you were strong and independent.

But that mad look on his face forced you to be weak.

"My mother. I'm worried what she will say." You mumble softly as you play with your hands and stare at the floor. Hoseok softens once again and he gently pats your head.

"You'll be okay, peanut." He chuckled as he goes to take your hand once more. You shake your head and he sighs slowly. "Fine." He mutters under his breath before there's another knock at the door. You both turn to look at it and your heart beats quickly.

"Can you get it? Please?" You ask softly as you make your way over to the couch. Hoseok clicks his fingers suddenly which catches your attention then he points next to him.

Oh. He was commanding you like a dog now.

You reluctantly move over to his side with your head lowered and sigh shakily. Hoseok looks down at you before moving towards the door in long strides to open it. You move with him, a couple of paces behind and stay silent as the sound of the door opening fills the silent room.

"Hoseok!" His mother cries happily as he bounds in and hugs him. You force a smile as your mother silently moves towards you with your father in tow.

"Hello, Y/N." She sneers as she slowly looks around the room and scoffs. Your smile falls and you look to your father who was preoccupied with Hoseok. "Still as useless as ever then." She sighs disappointed as she glides over to one of the couches. You plod along beside her and cross your arms angrily.

"What do you mean?" You mutter as you stand over her. She scoffs again and slowly raised her head to look at you in disapproval.

"This house is the same as when we saw it before you moved in. You haven't decorated or anything!" She squawks at you. You gulp as you look away from her and towards Hoseok's parents and your father who were now also sitting down.

"Please sit wherever is free." You force a smile and politely show the free couches to them. Hoseok's mother gives you a quick hug and kiss on the cheek as you move around the room silently. Hoseok rushes off to the kitchen and cones back in with a plate of sandwiches.

When did he make those?

"Your daughter is so polite." Hoseok's father smiles brightly as he takes a sandwich. Your mother chortles from her chair and shakes her head.

"She really isn't. Honestly, i don't think she was right for your lovely boy." Your mother announces as she smiles at Hoseok who shoots an angry look back at her.

"I think that's enough, honey." Your father bursts in before anyone says another word. The room falls silent and you feel tears building in your eyes. Your chest tightens and you quickly look around the room before running into the kitchen. You lean over the sink and breathe heavily as you try to contain your tears.

Why did she always have to say things like that? Why can't she just keep her mouth shut? Why does she think Hoseok is so damn perfect? Why-

"Y/N?" Hoseok suddenly whispers from behind you. You jump and turn around, a lone tear escaping your eye. Hoseok immediately rushes over and pulls you into
a hug. You don't resist as he wraps himself around you, forming a protective barrier between you and the world.

"I can't do this Hoseok. I can't deal with her." You whimper as he holds you. Hoseok sighs deeply, anger rising within him as he thinks about how upset you are.

"She may be your mother but she has no rights to say that to you- especially in our house." Hoseok growls as he clutches you tighter. You nod slowly as his warmth helps you calm down and think straight.

"Can we get them to leave? Or at least my mom. I just want to get out of this house or something." You mumble into Hoseok's chest as he holds you slightly tighter.

"Yeah, i'll try." He lets go of you and tucks your hair behind you ear with a soft smile. "I'll be back." He gently kisses your lips before turning on his heel and rushing into the main room. You listen closely to the mumbles of Hoseok talking, unable to make out what he says.

"Excuse me?" You hear your mother suddenly screech.