~18~

Ring ring. Ring ring.

The sound of a phone ringing wakes you from your comfortably warm sleep. Hoseok groans softly under you as he shuffles around to find his phone and huffs in frustration. You quickly find the phone between your bodies and hand it to him in silence. Hoseok clears his throat before picking up, his face immediately darkening.

"Oh. See you later. Bye." Hoseok mutters as he slowly begins to stand from the sofa. You speedily shuffle off him and draw your blanket closer around you, tilting your head slowly.

"Who was it?" You sleepily mumble as Hoseok places a hand on his hip. He looks up at the ceiling for a moment before his eyes settled on you.

"Our parents- all of them- are coming over tonight." Hoseok groans as he sits down on the chair to the side of the couch. You bite your lip as you watch him closely.

"It's nothing major right? Just dinner- besides, i don't think we need to worry anymore." You announce softly as you heave yourself from the couch and make your way over to Hoseok who watches you closely.

"I guess not but what if they don't believe us?" Hoseok sighs doubtfully. You gulp softly and nod, agreeing to him. "Like this was so sudden. One moment i'm fucking who i like and having the time of my life then i'm tied down to someone like you!" Hoseok suddenly yells.

Your heart shatters and you jump back from him. Hoseok's eyes widen as he realises what he's said and slowly reached out to you. Your eyes fill with tears and you slowly back away from him, sniffling.

That hurt you. That really, really killed you. 'The likes of you'? What did he mean by that? You knew exactly what it meant. It meant you weren't good enough. It meant you weren't pretty enough. It meant everything you were ever scared of.

"Y/N- i didn't mean to." Hoseok whispers softly as he stands up and gradually gets closer to you. You squeeze your eyes tight and the tears begin to pour from them as you inhale shakily.

"I get it, Hoseok. I'm not good enough." You smile shakily as those painful words leave your mouth. You raise your hands as if you were about to say more but turn on your heel and run to your room, crying heavily.

Hoseok didn't know what to do. He hadn't even realised what he had said until he said it and now it was too late. You were more then good enough for him. He only meant that you weren't like those girls he slept around with but it came out wrong. He blinked slowly as he stared at the dead space you were standing in momentarily and flinches at the distant sound of your door slamming.

"Y/N-" Hoseok whispers to himself as he looses all feeling. His eyes glaze over and his body drains of all feeling and emotion. He breaths deeply as he makes his way towards the stairs that lead to your rooms.

Don't go to her. Go to your room. Leave it.

Just leave it, Hoseok. You've done enough.

Hoseok glances over at your door as he hears your loud crying echo from it. He instantly gravitates towards it and his hand hovers over the door handle before he tears himself away and moves to his room to find his secret bottle of alcohol.

You clutch the pillow tight in your arms as you try to calm your breathing, your mind now fogged over. You bite your lip as you inhale and exhale deeply, clinging to the pillow for dear life.

"I'm not good enough." You mumble softly to yourself as you slow your breathing. Tears rise within you once more and begin to run down your cheeks. "I'm not good enough. I'm not." You cry out as you bury your face in your pillow. You suddenly gasp in a load of air as a loud knock sounds at your door.

"Y/N?" Hoseok calls softly. His voice sounds raspy, as if he had been drinking. You gulp and bury your face further in the pillow as you attempt to silence your cries. "Why are you crying Y/N? Let me in, pleeeease. I can help you." Hoseok slurs from the other side of the door.

"Go away." You mumble into the pillow as you sniffle deeply. You hear a deep thud on the door that sounded like an empty bottle before you hear Hoseok's body slide down the door.

"Come oooon. I can help. You know i can. I have magic handsssss..." Hoseok trails off in a low hiss and you shiver.

"I said go away!" You yell as you pull your face from the pillow. You hear a light thud and a deep groan as Hoseok heaved himself from the floor. His incoherent mumbles are closely followed by a deep thud and a loud snore. You quickly rush over to the door and open it slightly to see Hoseok passed out on the floor, face first with a bottle in his hand. "You can stay there." You growl as you slam the door and march back to your bed.

"Y/N." You hear Hoseok groan in his sleep from outside the door. Your heart plummets as you grab the tear stained pillow once more and breathe deeply.

"I hate you, Hoseok. But i can't help but love you." You mumble as you fall onto your side on the bed and curl up into a tight ball, falling asleep almost instantly.