Be my boyfriend! [Izuku x Reader]

Request from Bratzgirl23 Sorry it's short, we hit a bit of a writers block with this one. We hope you enjoy anyways! <3

"Wow (y/n), you're incredible!" Your best friend, Izuku Midoriya, shouts from the side lines. He cheers you on at almost every cheer-leading practice you had. You smile to yourself,  quickly launching yourself into the air and spinning around, landing gracefully on your feet. Your cat quirk gave you quick reflexes and impeccable balance. It came in quite handy when you had tried out for cheer-leading at the beginning of the school year, ending up landing you cheer captain.

"Wow, does he really think he has a shot with her?"

"What a fucking weeb. She's seriously out of his league."

You glance over at some students that were sitting nearby, narrowing your eyes as they snicker at Izuku who obviously over hears them as well. His face falls slightly but when he notices you looking over there he smiles again, giving you a thumbs up but you knew it was strained. 

Ending practice you make your way over to your freckled friend, frowning and taking a seat next to him. "Are you ok, Zuzu?"

"W-what do you mean?? Of course, I'm always fine!" He places his hand on the back of his head, rubbing his hair and looking away. You sigh, placing your head on his shoulder. "Don't pay attention to those assholes Zuzu, they don't know what they're talking about..."

Izuku instantly blushes at the contact of your soft hair on his shoulder, your ears tickling his cheek. He gulps, glancing down at you as you tilt your head up towards him. "We still on for ice cream?"

"Y-yes, of course! I'll wait here while you get changed!" He says chipper as ever. You hurriedly make your way to the changing room taking only a few minutes to get changed and back to Izuku. You see him at your meeting spot, smiling as you admired him. Your secret crush for him was growing by the day, and you weren't sure how long you'd be able to hold it back.

"You ready?" Izuku jumps as you pop up beside him grinning like an idiot. He nods frantically and you take his arm in yours, skipping happily towards the park. Once there you go to an ice cream cart, ordering your usual along with Izuku. You get your ice cream and find a bench to settle on.

Eating your ice cream in silence you continuously glance at Izuku. 'He's been so quiet...'

"Zuzu, will you please tell me what's wrong?" You ask, frowning as he simply glances at you, finishing off his ice cream at the same time as you. He sighs and looks away.

"(y/n), why do you hang around a guy like me?"

Your heart stops at his words, your breath hitching in surprise. Was he seriously taking what those asshats said to heart?? You hated the way people treated him just because of your popularity. Unable to understand how people could be so cruel, you always tried to put to rest the people that would talk badly about your relationship. That was one of the reasons why you usually only hung out with Izuku. Everyone else were just hating pricks.

You stare at his sad expression, your heart breaking at his sadness. All you wanted to do was take him into a deep kiss... At that moment realization hits you; You knew exactly what would make Izuku happy. And yourself as well, of course.

"Izuku Midoriya, don't you ever say something like that again!" You cross your arms over your chest and pout, hiding the determination that had entered your mind. "Don't worry Zuzu, I'll show you how much you mean to me. Just wait and see!"

------------------------

The next day at lunch you take your usual spot with Izuku, placing your lunch next to his and glancing around, your ears and tail twitching with anticipation. People always gave him dirty looks, but most of the time you ignored it. Well that shit ends today.

"ATEEEEEEEENTION EVERYONE!!!! I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY!"

You jump onto the table, standing tall, placing your hands on your hips and staring down the now quiet cafeteria. Gulping you gather as much courage as you can muster. Glancing down at Izuku you find all of your nervousness melt away, your strong will and love for him taking over. 

"Izuku Midoriya, I'm in love with you! Please be my boyfriend!!!"

You could all but hear everyone's jaws drop, but your soul focus was on the blushing green haired boy below you. His eyes swirling in embarrassment, he could hardly make a coherent sentence.

"(y-y-y-y-y-y/n), please, g-g-g-et down from there-"

"I WON'T UNTIL YOU ACCEPT!" You shout at the top of your lungs. Whispers begin to fill the cafeteria as everyone stares at you in pure and utter shock. Izuku looks around, his anxiety and nervousness wracking his body. Suddenly he balls his hands into fists, summoning up what little bravery he could.

"Yes, yes I accept!"

You hear people screeching around you. Some in surprise, some in awe of how cute the scene actually was. Grinning from ear to ear you jump down, taking Izuku and slamming a kiss onto his innocent lips. He's instantly frozen in shock and you wonder if he's going to faint.

"(Y/N), MIDORIYA, GET YOUR BUTTS OVER HERE THIS INSTANT!"

You jolt upright, your heart stopping as one of the teachers yells at you from across the room. You and Izuku look at each other in fear, but that's soon replaced with giggling and smiles. You knew you'd get in trouble for the little stunt you pulled, but it really was worth it in the end.