Release [Mirio x reader]

Well hellloooo everyone! It's definitely been a while! I'm starting on requests again, so here's one for everythingonit225. Sorry it's quite late! ^^' 

Also trigger warning for this! Self harm/attempted suicide! 

"Then you put the pasta in the boiling water and wait like, 10 minutes."

Mirio nods, thoroughly entranced by your explanation. It was late in the evening and you were about to cook dinner in the dorm kitchen when Mirio wondered in, curious to what you were making. You told him you were making spaghetti and he insisted you teach him. 

Of course you weren't going to pass up teaching the hottest guy in the entire school how to make spaghetti.

"How often do you stir it?" He asks, leaning against the counter, keeping his gaze on your face. 

You clear your throat nervously, blushing a bit and leaning against the opposite counter. "Every so often. You know it's done when you throw a noodle at the wall and it sticks."

"Wait, you what?!" Mirio looks at you in disbelief and you giggle, stirring the pasta. 

"Yep, it's true! Here, watch." You use the spoon to take a noodle out, blowing on it so it doesn't burn you. You yeet it at the wall in front of you, smiling triumphantly as it sticks. Mirio stares in shock, like he's just seen the best magic trick of his life. You smile, turning the stove off and draining the water from the pasta.

Mirio follows close behind you, studying your every move. With his eyes on you, you get even more nervous, quickly finishing up with the spices and sauce. You make yourself and him a bowl, placing it on the table. "Enjoy!"

He smiles, digging into his spaghetti as if he'd never eaten a day in his. "This is the best spaghetti I've ever eaten!" He gives you a thumbs up, talking with his mouth full of the delicious noodles. You blush heavily, taking a bite of your own food so you don't have to say anything. 

"Wow Mirio, you're actually eating dinner with the loser?"

Your face automatically falls as a few of your classmates enter the dining room. They always picked on you because you had the weakest quirk of anyone there. Most everyone left you alone, even tried cheering you on, but there was a small group that made it very apparent they didn't like you. 

"Hey guys, that's not very nice!" Mirio quickly defends you. "You wouldn't call her a loser if you knew how good this spaghetti is!"

One of them snickers, raising his eyebrow. "Careful, you'll probably get food poisoning."

"Yeah, if Togata turns up dead tomorrow we know why." Another one laughs as they make their way to their own food. 

Your eyes dim, your mood completely turning south. You didn't deal well with bullies, and they picked on you almost every day. Picking up your bowl you quickly dump what's left, cleaning your dish and heading towards your room. 

"Hey wait y/n!" Mirio calls after you. 

You put on your best fake smile, turning to him and waving him off. "I'm just tired. Thanks for eating with me, see you tomorrow!"

You quickly make your escape to your dorm, locking the door just in time for tears to stream down your face. You try to control your breathing but you knew a panic attack was coming on. It always did when this stuff happened. 

"Of course they had to come and ruin a perfectly good evening. I was actually spending time with Mirio, THE Mirio..." You sit on the edge of your bed, wrapping your arms around your torso trying desperately to hold yourself together. You quickly dig underneath your mattress, pulling out the only thing you knew would help.