n i n e

•    

boki didn't know what to say. it was hard for her to talk about something that happened over 10 years back and she wasn't even aware of it.

she always thought she was so insignificant for him that he wouldn't even have time to deal with her much less to pay attention for her.

he seemed to be worried about the confession he just made so he stared at her with lost eyes, like a scared kid. "w-well... this is new information for me." was the only thing she said. which caused kihyun to laugh.

he relaxed immediately and his cheeks started recovering their pale color. "aish... my heart just – he said taking a hand to his chest – it was hard to confess that, after all these years."

boki glanced at him with big eyes. "but yeah... i guess i liked you."

she swallowed hard, covering her face. she knew her face right now must be a poem. but kihyun found cute the whole thing.

he grabbed her hands and tried to remove them from her face. "ah come on. it happened long ago... let's not make a big deal of it. we're adults now."

it was true, making a big deal of it and acting weird wouldn't bring anything good to the table. so boki nodded.

"shall we go back inside? we have food waiting for us."

in that moment, boki's stomach roared and both laughed as kihyun walked with her back to the restaurant.

"is it good?" he asked.

truth be told everything tasted good and boki couldn't remember when was the last time she had a bibimbap as tasty and delicious as this one, homemade.

but there was something hammering boki's mind and suddenly jooheon popped into her mind. she always wondered why they didn't get along and seeing kihyun right now, he looked in a great mood, that's why she pondered about whether asking him or not.

boki didn't want to ruin his mood but she was also dying to know the truth behind it all and judging by jooheon's way of living, she thought that maybe his version wouldn't be as truthful and serious as kihyun's.

"can i ask you something?" kihyun stopped eating but still he had a mouthful of noodles.

his eyes looked innocent and expectant of what boki had to say and in that moment, she regreted it. "yes?"

"ah... it's just... i was curious about sidney."

it was better to not mention jooheon right now. she didn't know how he'd react.

he smiled. "well it's very sunny and warm... and the beaches are so beautiful, with a golden sand and clear waters. the wind is smooth and the smell of the salty water is very comforting. people is so nice, especially the locals. i really liked it there."

boki stared at him as she imagined everything in her mind, played like a movie. "sounds like a wonderful place."

he nodded in agreement. "it is."

"do you miss it?"

he took a long second to think about the answer but then shook his head. "no, this is my home after all. i love being here."

he put his chopsticks down as he drank some rice wine. "but enough about me, let's talk about you." he said with smiley eyes.

herself.