s e v e n t e e n

•    

"what i am trying to tell you... my little sister, is that we'll need a bigger car." hyungwon's words echoed between the small group of people.

"what are you saying hyung?" wonho asked confused.

jooheon cleared her throat. "well... i know someone who has a suv."

"he popped out of nowhere." wonho said but hawon smiled widely. "seriously? who?"

"uh... a co-worker... from the zoo." he said narrowing his eyes. boki glanced at him, motioning for him to shut up.

"i mean... if you need it, i could talk to him. he's really nice."

"then it's settled." hyungwon said opening his arms as he took one of the shots on their table. "we're going to the beach."

all of them celebrated. "let me call him, be right back." jooheon said disappearing through the sea of people. hyungwon remained, staring at boki.

"so where's your boyfriend?" he asked, crossing his arms on his chest.

"yah! – hawon started – what was what you said about a bigger car? i couldn't hear you well?"

hyungwon smirked. "ah... - he started as he took a seat on their table – i haven't seen kihyun in a long time." his eyes traveled from hawon's to boki's.

"i thought maybe we should invite him over."

"what!?" wonho and hawon exclaimed at the same time.

"i don't think- boki started as her nerves were noticeable on her voice. she hugged herself.

"why not? isn't he your boyfriend...? and he's a friend of mine as well... do you think it'd be awkward?" he asked tilting his head. somehow his look was defiant.

"n-no that's not what i am saying, it's just-

"what? you don't want to bring him?" he added.

boki had different reasons why she didn't want kihyun to come. not because she didn't want to be with him but because they've been dating for only one day.

somehow it felt rushed and too soon to do such thing with him. a road trip was something you did with people who you felt comfortable with, especially since knowing them for so long, like the rest of them, except for jooheon.

"it's done. he's going to lend you guys the suv." he said, popping from nowhere.

"us? what do you mean? you're coming with us, right?" hawon asked.

except for hawon. she could act with someone who she just met, as if she had been a long time friends with.

but not for boki. "guys... don't you think it's too rushed? i mean... we didn't plan this well-

wonho groaned in frustration. "here you go again... stop it. the important thing is to have a good time."

"you still haven't answered." hawon said, hitting jooheon playfully in the arm.

jooheon glared at her and the place where she hit him. "i don't want to."

"what do you mean you don't want to? it's your friend's car?"

"a co-worker's" he corrected them. "anyway... you need to come with us." hawon insisted.

"why?" he asked, narrowing his eyes.