t w e n t y t h r e e

•    

"what were you doing there?" he asked shocked once he realized she was coming out of jooheon and wonho's room.

"uh i – she started but soon realized it didn't look right, the fact that she was coming out of another men room.

kihyun's eyes narrowed as he took a step towards her. "isn't that... wonho and jooheon's room?" he asked again, tilting his head to one side.

boki swallowed hard as she glanced at the door, finally nodding.

"can you tell me what were you doing there?"

she knew that whatever explanation she'd give him, it'd still sound weird and he wouldn't believe her, probably.

"i helped jooheon... it seemed he was passing out in the hallway, i just helped him get inside, that's all." she said with innocent eyes. it was the truth.

kihyun's eyes widened after she mentioned the words, glancing desperately at the door behind her. "why? what happened?" he asked.

she couldn't understand why he'd look worried. but boki shrugged. "doctor said something about an infection... he must have caught it on the river."

he remained silent as he slowly massaged his temples. kihyun moved back and away from the door and boki followed him. "are you okay?" she asked.

he nodded. "i just- he turned to look at her with worried eyes – i don't want you to be alone with him like that... when i am not around."

she frowned at his words. why he'd say such a weird thing?

"but he's your brother-

"step brother." he corrected her.

her heart raced as her mind started putting all the pieces together. "you're not- her eyes widened as she tried to speak the words but somehow couldn't – you're not thinking wrong about us, right?"

but his lips pressed in a thing line as he slowly breathed out. "sorry. it's hard not to after everything that have happened."

"are you serious?" she asked with a poker face. but kihyun only ran a hand through his dark long hair.

she noticed how his hands moved slowly as his veins popped from his milky skin. "maybe?" his low tone turned her nervous and suddenly she started feeling anxious over kihyun's indirect complaints.

"you don't want me to be close to him?"

he looked into her eyes and took a long minute to answer. "i know it's kind of selfish... - he started as it seemed he was hesitating to answer her question.

then, it looked like he changed his mind. "no. i couldn't- i can't ask you such thing, forget it." he said walking towards his room.

"no, wait!" she said, grabbing his arm, forcing him to turn around and look at her. "does it bother you?" she asked again.

somehow her heart racing at the thought of him being jealous of jooheon. she knew it was stupid but she also couldn't control her feelings. she knew it was stupid.

but his silence was enough answer for her.

she knew his position was childish too and she wouldn't give in in such demand. "i am sorry. he's your stepbrother. i don't want to cause any trouble... but you can't ask me such thing."