t w e n t y s e v e n

•    

"he told me i should ask you why." the words came out before she could think twice. her eyes focused at the single of his actions.

his knuckles grew tight around the wheel and his eyes remained focused on one point of her face.

she felt the tension growing between them on the small place. "kihyunnie?" she called his name once.

with that he quickly reacted, letting go of the wheel and bringing his hands down. "did he... say that?" he mumbled.

but loud enough for boki to hear. "yes... but, why would he say that?" it was too late to turn back, she wanted and needed to know why.

he looked away, clearly worried and even annoyed. "i have no idea – he started as he turned his eyes, now different, empty and even cold, towards her - this time you'll have to ask him."

he looked unperturbed this time, he collected himself and glanced at his watch. "it's late. you should get inside." he said opening the door's secure as he pushed a bottom on the panel next to his door.

boki glanced surprised at the electronic device and swallowed hard. "maybe... he was just joking." she said laughing awkwardly.

this time kiyun smiled at her. "maybe."

she looked at him and she felt bad for a second. the way he reacted made her feel far away from him. for a second, it didn't feel like he was her boyfriend at all.

so she looked for his hand and grabbed it, earning an eerie look from him. it was clearly he wasn't expecting it.

boki squeezed his hand and smiled at him, caressing it softly. "thanks for the dinner, i really enjoyed it." she said opening the door and letting go of his hand.

he blinked twice as he stared at her surprised. "sure, anytime." he said softly as he stared at her through the opened window. she closed the door and leaned on it, smiling at him with a sweet manner.

"have a goodnight." she said finally turning around and walking inside the building, leaving him there confused.

truth be told, she was expecting a clear and straight answer from him. it seemed kihyun had always all the answers.

but this time the answer never came and it made her feel more suspicious about it. what did jooheon mean by that?

"did he have something to do with the fact that he's not playing anymore?" she found herself pondering as she applied her body lotion before going to bed.

it was hard to tell. there was no way she could believe jooheon over her boyfriend. but what could she believe then, if her boyfriend was giving her vague answers?

the night became heavy on her shoulders as she tried to get some sleep, but her mind was too busy over thinking things.

"that's why you're always stressed, you over think things too much!" her mom's words echoed in her mind as she tried to push everything aside.

it was truth. since an early age she'd do this over and over again. single actions or words, she'd over think and find different meanings, meanings that probably didn't even make sense in the first place.

but finally, eventually, she fell asleep.

and after having a short night, with barely 3 or 4 hours of sleep, she made it to the campus. late as usual to the first morning class.