t h i r t e e n

she worried as unconsciously she grabbed his sleeve, stopping him. "is everything okay?" she asked, somehow mortified since the change on his mood was evident.

"i... i should take you home, let's go." he said grabbing her hand and taking her towards the car.

boki understood that maybe he didn't want to share anything about the phone call because it disturbed him since it interrupted their date.

once they were inside the car, she'd glance at him and the way he was driving, as if he was really angry.

after a few seconds of silence he sighed. "i am sorry... i don't want to worry you."

"it's okay, you don't need to tell me anything if you don't want to." she quickly said, with reassuring eyes. kihyun nodded as he kept his eyes focused on the road.

the way back to boki's house was silent. kihyun didn't share any of the details of the call and he just focused on dropping boki at her house safe and sound.

"it was a lovely evening. thank you." she said still with worried eyes.

he sighed. "i am glad you liked it. i should go now... i'll text you later, alright?"

she nodded.

and with that, the window rolled up and he drove away. boki sighed as she noticed how he disappeared through the street and quickly returned home.

disappointment filled her as she walked inside her apartment. dropping everything anywhere, she finally laid in bed as she sighed heavily.

after answering texts from her mom and hawon, she changed into her pajamas and went to bed.

thinking about everything that happened in their date surely raced her heart and reddened her cheeks, especially when memories of the kiss, flashed in her mind.

she grabbed a pillow and hugged it, not helping but feel satisfied about it. she was still dumbfounded that she was now dating yoo kihyun.

boki rolled on her bed when she heard her phone beeping. she scratched to grab it as she read his name on the screen.

her heart skipped a beat as she rushed to open the text.

kihyunnie: boki-yah... i am back home. no need to worry. i am sorry about tonight, i promise i'll make it up to you. sleep well. x

she stared at the screen for a few seconds until she typed the answer.

boki: i am glad to know everything's fine. don't worry about anything, sleep well. x

she sighed as she hugged her phone, thinking about how kihyun's mood changed almost dramatically when the phone call happened, especially when he realized it was something jooheon-related.

boki couldn't help but still wonder why there was such bad blood between them and even if kihyun said that he still liked to help him, he didn't seem too happy about helping him that same night.

she didn't want to over think things so she pushed the phone away and tried to get some sleep.

but even if she was really tired after a long day, she found it hard to sleep, since her mind was clouded with thoughts about kihyun and jooheon.