f o r t y t h r e e

•

she stayed there for a few minutes, taking it all in.

somehow she felt bad now, after he left. she didn't want to make things tense between them. kihyun had been her school crush since she was a kid and she didn't want to ruin it, even if he had wicked tendencies, she knew he could change.

"yah!" she heard someone hitting a pot with a big spoon several times to get her attention. she turned to find jooheon wearing an apron and a bandana to hold his hair back. "are you crying again? did he make you cry?" she chuckled at his weird outfit as she walked towards him. 

"nice outfit."he rolled his eyes. 

"niCe OuFiT." he mimicked her with a girly and goofy voice. boki laughed as she walked inside, being soon followed her by jooheon.

"answer me. were you crying back there?" 

"what? no. of course not, see?" she said showing him her eyes. 

the proximity between them was evident, and jooheon cleared his throat when he noticed she had leaned closer for him to see into her eyes.

"yah you stink." he quickly complained.

"what?"

"yeah... like- like... expensive shit, expensive and souless perfume, ugh." he said shaking his head, walking into the bar. boki laughed as she acknowledged he was complaining that she probably smelled like kihyun's perfume.

"cut it. it's not that bad." with this he stopped what he was doing and stared at her with an unamused face. 

"it's not that bad? it's not that- he ran a hand through his silver hair, the one popping from behind the bandana - you right. it's not that bad, it's TERRIBLE." boki laughed as she shook her head. 

jooheon was surely funny and she loved when people made her laugh. jooheon did that all the time. "can i help you?" 

"what?"

"you know... washing the dishes, i am good drying them." she said putting on an apron. jooheon rolled his eyes but finally agreed reluctantly. she stood next to him, both in front of the big sink. 

the restaurant was almost empty now, with exception of a small family of four that was being attended by boki's mom. so mrs. do told jooheon to do the dishes.

"i hate doing dishes." he complained, cursing under his breath.

"but look... it's fun. we're doing it quicker as a team." again he stared at her with a poker face.

"yeah, all i ever dreamed of." he said sarcastically with a poker face, boki couldn't help but laugh. but her laugh died slowly as she thought how kihyun was serious, most of the time, he'd never make jokes, like wonho or jooheon for the matter. in fact, she couldn't remember a time when he actually made a joke to make her laugh. kihyun's concept of having fun was basically getting people fired, getting people scolded at, and just making miserable other people's lives. 

jooheon noticed how her mood changed and pushed her softly with his shoulder towards her. "hey... you feeling blue?" she frowned. 

"what?"

"i mean... you look kinda sad... i mean i understand... that's how i felt whenever i saw him at our family reunions." boki almost rolled her eyes but she didn't dare to look at him. not after the information she knew about jooheon being fired from his jobs.