t h i r t y n i n e

"wah... what took you so long? were you buying the whole town?" jooheon was waiting leaned against the now cleaned and sparkling car, arms crossed on his chest. boki laughed as she walked towards him, carrying some bags, that he quickly took from her hands and put them on the back seat.

"i got distracted, sorry." he glanced at his watch.

"took you 45 minutes."she laughed again.

"i know. i said i am sorry." she said as they both hopped inside the car. he turned on the engine as boki looked around marveled.

"woah they cleaned it out good."

"that's why it's called a car wash." he said with an obvious tone. he was funny. the way he talked and expressed, boki found it really cute.

"anyway... what did you buy?" he asked, eyes glued on the road.

"just some stuff i needed... nothing fancy but hey- she said stretching to the back seat. he glanced at her curiously.

"i saw this and thought of you." she said handing him a cute bee key chain. jooheon frowned at it first but then secretly found it cute.

"a bee?" boki nodded.

"yes. it looks a lot like you... look at this, it has your eyes! and then this - she said pointing at its dimples, bringing it close to his face so he could see better - its dimples are so cute." she said smiling, glancing lovingly at the key chain.

"tsk. i don't need a key chain." boki glared at him.

"yes you do. she said leaning close to him and adding it to the set of the car's keys. her proximity raced his heart. he felt nervous as he tried to keep his focus and eyes to the road.

but her sweet fruity smell hit his nostrils. she smelled really good and then, her elbow touched his softly and then his hands began sweating.

"yah... you're gonna make me have an accident." she laughed as she returned to her seat, smiling as she glanced at the key chain.

"there. it's ready." jooheon looked at the small key chain. sure, it was cute. he'd never have picked it in the first place, not out of his own choosing.

but once he took a second look, he glanced also at boki, who's eyes were now focused out of the window and suddenly, he found the key chain cute. just like her.

"alright. i guess it looks okay." she quickly turned to look at him, their eyes meeting for a second before he returned them to the road.

"it is cute. admit it."

"i am not. it's whatever." she giggled now at his words.

"plus you needed it, those keys look kind of miserable without a key chain." jooheon glanced at the keys and realized it was true. now with the key chain they looked better.

"fine, okay i guess i could use a key chain."she shook her head, narrowing her eyes slowly.

"is that your way of thanking me?"

"uh?" he looked surprised and confused.

"come on... you can do better. buy me an ice cream." she said turning the volume up. the radio was playing and jooheon's heart skipped at beat when she mentioned the word ice cream. it was his favorite thing ever.

"i am not buying you anything. i didn't ask for it."she laughed now. he was surely stubborn and sometimes a bit mean, but she knew under that tough facade was a sweet guy.