f o r t y f i v e

"what is this?"

kihyun stared at her with intense eyes, disappointed but also angry eyes. she noticed since it was obvious by the way he was looking at her. his jaw slightly clenched.

"u-h... what- what are you doing here?" boki said approaching him. just now she remembered she was all wet, when kihyun glanced down at her, from head to toe. an outrageous look on his face.

"what was that? i saw it... all of it." he said pointing inside the restaurant, clearly talking about jooheon and the moment they shared previously.

that's when boki felt her knees growing weak. did he see it?

"n-no... it's not what you think, we were washing the front-

"i know what i saw boki... what is the meaning of this? do you... like him?" he said approaching her, his eyes now watery. she noticed how he looked worked up but was trying to remain calmed.

in that moment, facing the time and kihyun's face, she didn't know what to say.

she didn't know the meaning of these new discovered feelings she was feeling. the longing of jooheon's company, how she woke up every day excited about spending a whole new day with him, wanting to hear his antics and new jokes, his dreamy dimples and charming big eyes... not to mention his lips...

she blinked twice, shaking her worried and confusing feelings away. she opened her mouth to say something, once she realized that kihyun was just standing in front of her, with disappointed eyes and a heartbreaking expression.

"it's that...isn't it?"

"i - i don't... know."

"i can't believe it... - he said turning around, away from her, as he ran a hand through his hair - i can't believe it... i come all this way to see my girlfriend because i feel like i am the one at a wrong... i came to apologize, to try and work things out... trying to convince you that we surely don't need a break after you suggested it." he shook his head, an ironic smile forming on his lips, a sad smile.

he turned around and their eyes met for a second. she noticed he was about to cry and her chest hurt at the view. "kihyun-

"no... - he shook his head, hands on his lips as if he was really thinking something through - you can't fool me boki... i suspected you had feelings for him... but what i saw tonight just confirms it."

the expectance was about to kill her, she could feel in her guts that something bad would happen in any minute. "no... it's not like that-

"stop making excuses... - he said sighing, approaching her with sad eyes - i can't believe you... we should now definitely take that break."

the words that deep inside she was fearing to hear, came out of his lips just as naturally. he swallowed hard as his eyes grew intense on boki.

she took a hand to her chest when she felt as if he had ripped something out of it. a strange pain, an uncertain feeling of being incomplete and for a second, she reached out for his sleeve but kihyun quickly shook her away.

"i don't see the point on keeping this relationship if you have feelings for jooheon... i simply can't do this. i am sorry."

boki wanted to explain but he wouldn't let her. "yoo kihyun!" she exclaimed, gathering strenght from unknown places. with her voice raising, she made him stop on his tracks as slowly he turned to look at her.