t w e n t y n i n e

•    

boki stared at jooheon with widened eyes as her heart raced. she felt bad for kihyun after jooheon spat all that but he was certainly right.

since boki could remember, kihyun had been a wealthy boy. he was the wealthiest student in the institute back when they were in the same school.

people always hung with him for the same reasons.

maybe jooheon wasn't wealthy as him and only knew that lifestyle when his mother married kihyun's father.

but either way it was obvious he wasn't having it. jooheon wasn't living kihyun's lifestyle because he worked 3 jobs to pay for his rent, food and now studies.

boki recognize when a person is as hard working and independent as jooheon and she knew that right before her eyes, he was right in all what he said, and jooheon's position was more honorable than kihyun's.

that's why she couldn't say anything to help her boyfriend because in her heart she knew jooheon was right.

kihyun on the other hand didn't say anything, he just remained motionless looking at his young step brother.

jooheon's chest went up and down as his fiery eyes stared at his older brother. it seemed he had all this stuck on his chest and just now had the opportunity to say it out loud.

he was expecting that kihyun would react but the reaction never came. after a few seconds he looked down and sighed, glancing at his watch.

"i have to go, it's late." he said softly as he walked himself to the door. boki glanced at jooheon but quickly trailed behind her boyfriend.

"thanks for having me, kimchi pancakes were delicious." he said looking for his shoes. boki wanted to touch his arm but she didn't know if she should.

"i am glad you liked them... but listen, you don't have to go-

he turned to look at her and immediately she knew she shouldn't be insisting more. his cold eyes didn't seem angered nor menacing but they seemed definitely intimidating.

only her guts told her she shouldn't' insist anymore.

"don't let him stay for too long. i don't feel comfortable with that." he simply said opening the door and closing it as he walked outside.

she felt the anxiety building up as her mind began to worry with millions of thoughts.

was he angry with her? or with jooheon? maybe he was angry with her for letting jooheon in while she was alone? or maybe he was embarrased for the things jooheon said to him in front of her?

either way, she was worried.

was he going to act all cutesy with her tomorrow? would they be still a couple tomorrow?

she knew it was stupid to worry for such things but she couldn't help it.

she turned around when jooheon cleared his throat in the lobby. he was leaning against the wall, arms crossed on his chest as he played with his socked feet.

"everything's fine?" he asked, now his voice seemed soft but serious. he wasn't joking.

she just nodded.

surprisingly, she wasn't upset for what he said to her boyfriend.

she walked inside and jooheon followed her. "don't mind him." she simply said walking into the kitchen as she started to clean the mess jooheon left behind. he appeared next to her.