t w e n t y t w o

•    

the rest of the day went pretty peaceful. they made a picnic in the forest and walked around. when it was starting to get dark they all returned to the hotel to have dinner together.

jooheon remained quiet the rest of the day, he didn't spoke much and boki worried since he was usually very talkative.

as they took showers and met downstairs, hawon noticed jooheon was missing. "has anyone see him?" she asked around.

"you! – she said calling wonho – he's your roommate, didn't you see him?" she asked. but wonho only shrugged, saying he hadn't seen him in the room.

"let's go eat. i am starving." hyungwon said as the rest agreed.

the hotel had a restaurant with views to the sea. they all took a large table and ordered their dinner.

boki glanced at her phone as she wondered if she should ask someone for jooheon's phone numer to text him or not but then kihyun's eyes met hers and she smiled, pulling her phone away.

as they waited for the food, they started drinking and talking but boki kept feeling worried about jooheon's whereabouts.

she turned to look at kihyun who was laughing about some dumb joke hyungwon made and pulled his sleeve. "shouldn't you text your brother to see if he's alright?" she mumbled.

kihyun swallowed his drink and looked at her with confused eyes. "why?"

she shrugged. "he's not here and he hasn't been seen around... aren't you... worried?" she said with a sweet voice. but kihyun frowned instead.

"uh... maybe he doesn't want to eat dinner with us... he's temperamental, like that."

"please?" she insisted.

kihyun sighed as he hesitantly pulled his phone from his pocket and texted. boki waited patiently as she look from a side his screen.

a few seconds later the screen lightened, as proof it had been answered and then kihyun nodded, blocking the phone away. "he says he's fine and doesn't want to join us." he said with a reassuring nod as he turned to keep talking to hyungwon.

boki nodded as she looked away, trying to believe in kihyun's words. but truth be told, she hadn't seen the name of the person who he texted.

there was no way to know if he had actually texted jooheon or someone else. "can i borrow your phone?" she asked, pulling his sleeve again.

kihyun's eyes narrowed as he slowly pulled it from his pocket, unlocked it and handed it to her. "sure." he said with a smile.

boki swallowed hard as she moved to the other side so kihyun wouldn't see what she was doing, and took around 1 second to check all the chats he had opened and soon realized there was no one with jooheon's name on it.

her eyes widened as she looked on other apps to see if maybe he hadn't used the right one but it was useless. there was no chat with jooheon.

instead, boki looked for jooheon's contact in the contact list and when she finally found it, she memorized the phone number and quickly returned kihyun's phone to him.

"thank you." she said with a smile. he took his phone and put it on his pockets again. "what did you need it for?"

her knees began to turn weak as she tried to come up with a straight answer. her heart raced and hurt at the thought of him also lying to her. "i wanted to see if you had any reception since i don't have." she said pouting.