f o u r t e e n

•    

"what did you order this time?" he asked, sipping his own smoothie.

"mango." she said with a sweet smile. the frozen and sweet liquid entering her mouth and refreshing her throat.

"and you?" she asked.

"lemon." he said with a sweet smile. boki frowned as she wondered why he'd order the same when there tons of possibilities.

but maybe he liked lemon a lot.

boki remained silent, sipping her smoothie as kihyun stared back. it was like a game of stares and there was this unknown but certain complicity between the two.

she was usually a quiet person, and people in the past had complained how awkward boki could be sometimes, except for only hawon and wonho, who were her true friends.

she could have awkward silence with them, although it was unlikely to happen since both were pretty chatty.

but here, right now, with kihyun, she was sharing a silence that was everything but awkward.

in fact, it was a loud silence. crazy but harmonious.

"you want to ask me something?" he said after a few minutes of staring at each other. boki knew it was the right opportunity, she couldn't wait any longer.

"yes. what happened yesterday?" she asked, putting her smoothie down.

kihyun looked at her not really surprised, he knew she was curious about it since the previous day. "i mean... with jooheon, what happened?"

he didn't say a word at first but it looked like he was having a hard time to talk. "you don't have to tell me if you don't want to-

"no. it's not that – he started, pressing his lips together and sighing – i mean... i just don't want you to worry about him."

boki stared at him with big and expectant eyes and in that moment he knew she wouldn't let go of it.

"well... apparently he got into trouble in some bar... whose owner happened to be one of my father's friends so... he called me to pick him up."

she swallowed hard as she listened to kihyun's words. she could totally picture him in a situation like that.

"when i arrived... he apparently had a fist fight with someone there and yeah... it was embarrassing." he finally said, looking down, shaking his head in disapproval.

boki didn't know what to say for what she only sighed. "it's okay... it's not your fault."

kihyun turned to look at her. "i understand why you left." she added.

"i never wanted to leave." he quickly reassured to which boki only nodded. "i know."

even though he told boki what have happened to jooheon last night, she still felt that everything was vague since he didn't say much.

for that, boki decided to not pressure him anymore with more questions.

kihyun smiled at her after the long silence and then checked his clock. "i got another class... i should get going." he said standing from the bench. boki did the same.

"alright. thank you for the smoothie." she said with a sweet smile. he nodded.

"do you have more classes? maybe i can take you home afterwards..."