t w e n t y e i g h t

•    

"what happened to your neck?" she asked out of nowhere. his eyes widened as he took a hand to his neck. "what?" he seemed shocked.

right then boki felt ashamed of asking so bluntly. "uh- t-there?" she asked pointing to the right side of his neck, where a red mark glowed.

he put a hand to cover it. "how dare you to ask me such thing?" it was funny the look on his face and boki tried not to laugh.

jooheon swallowed hard nervously. "i have a girlfriend." he quickly said looking away. boki glared at him.

"do you?" she asked, chopping now the kimchi. he nodded. "stop asking me personal questions."

she shook her head, finding hard to believe him. "if it's a girlfriend... then you should be more careful."

"of course it's a girlfriend. what do you think it's from?" he asked, crossing his hands on his chest. for a second she worried it had been the fight she listened behind the campus dumpster.

but now she felt just a tiny bit better thinking it had been a girl who did it. although it was strangely disappointing in a way too.

she mixed all the ingredients and jooheon stared at her with focused eyes. "ah...i didn't know kimchi pancakes were made this way." he said, eyeing carefully the way she poured the mix into the pan.

"that's probably because you can't cook."

he glared at her. "for your information... i do know how to cook. in fact, i cook better than you."

boki turned to look at him and narrowed eyes. "do you?"

he nodded. "i'll cook for you next time and you'll see what i am talking about- he stopped talking when suddenly boki's intercom beeped.

"uh?" jooheon looked around, trying to find the source of the noise. "it's the intercom... i'll go, watch the pancakes." she said pointing at the pan.

jooheon nodded as his eyes followed her out of the kitchen. she cleaned her hands with the kitchen rag and finally pressed the intercom.

"yes, who is this?"

"boki? it's me... i am downstairs."

her eyes widened when she recognized the voice through the intercom. she quickly looked for her phone on her pockets to see if maybe there was any missed call or a unread text, but it wasn't.

he had decided to show up as a surprise apparently and jooheon was there.

"uh- s-sure... uhm... yes, come in." she said pressing the button to open the door downstairs.

the nerves increased as her mind worked in all directions, thinking about all the possible outcomes of that situation. but overall she knew that he'd be upset about it.

jooheon appeared on the lobby with a frown on his face. "who is it?"

she swallowed hard and she was about to answer but he was now knocking on her door. she laughed nervously as she pushed the door open to reveal a great-looking and utterly confused kihyun.

"jooheon-ah?" he asked as his shoulders dropped, his eyes taking turns from jooheon to boki, who was staring at the situation with nervous eyes.

"what is he doing here?" jooheon quickly asked, hands on his waist.