f o r t y s e v e n

minhyuk. 

the sour memories flashed in her mind as she almost couldn't  believe her own eyes. 

boki felt her mother moving uncomfortably next to her, as she threw daggers in minhyuk's direction. "what is he doing here?" she heard her mother whispering. 

but truth be told, boki didn't know. she was as surprised as her mom. 

minhyuk glanced at mrs. do and bowed. "it's nice to see you again eomeoni." but he only received a roll of eyes from the mom. 

"i'll take out the trash." she said disappearing through the entrance door, leaving boki and minhyuk alone in the restaurant. 

it was still too early for customers to arrive, meaning, they had the restaurant to themselves to talk. "what are you doing here?" 

he took a few steps close to boki, his hands in an apologetic gesture, his face humble just as his nervous eyes. "well... i was on the neighborhood and thought of saying hi."

it was boki's turn to roll her eyes. "sure. you expect me to believe that? you live 6 hours away."

"fine. i called hawon and asked her about you... she mentioned you were here during the holidays - he shrugged, hands on his pockets - i thought it'd be nice to stop by and say hi."

"that's not usual from you."

"i know. but i've changed- with this, he tried to hold her hand but she quickly took a step back. 

"what are you doing?" her voice echoed inside the restaurant. minhyuk swallowed hard. "listen, this is not easy for me either... it's been a rough year... i've been through so many things-

"just stop. i don't wanna know... are you here for the pies? or the noodles? because if that's the case, we won't open for another hour. if you're here for any other business, then i can't help you, we only sell food here. this is a restaurant."

"boki-- he started.

"now, if you excuse me, i have important things to do." she said as she turned around to go into the kitchen, but minhyuk grabbed her arm, stopping her in the act. 

she felt his fingers digging on her arm, his eyes widened, a vein popping on his neck. "we need to talk..." he whispered, through his gritted teeth. 

"you're hurting me- she started but soon a loud bang made them both jump. 

jooheon appeared in seconds next to boki and minhyuk and before they knew, he grabbed minhyuk's hand that was holding boki and twisted slowly but steadily. "she said you're hurting her. let her go." he said with a calmed voice.

minhyuk winced in pain as he stared at jooheon with a killer stare. "i don't take orders from you." he said letting go of boki reluctantly but with his free hand got ready to punch jooheon, who, anticipated the blow, stopping him in the air.

"what the fuck?" he said as he went for minhyuk's throat. boki watched the scene with horror, because she never knew minhyuk as a violent man. 

"jooheon- she started but jooheon was already pinning him against a wall. "you think you can come here and force yourself on boki and then throwing punches at me?" 

minhyuk struggled with jooheon's intense grip. "wh-who are y-you?" he managed to say. 

jooheon felt boki's touch on his shoulder, soft but steady. without saying anything else, he knew she was asking him to stop, so he did it immediately.