f i f t y

boki opened her eyes at the sound of her alarm. even it it was sunday she had stuff to do and errands to run. 

the light of the morning filtered through the courtains and she knew it was a new day and a special one, since jooheon returned that day. 

after taking a quick shower and getting ready, she walked out of her bedroom when she heard laughs around the house, especially coming from the kitchen. 

she popped her head into the kitchen and realized a familiar silver blonde head was cooking breakfast, with a cute floral apron. mrs. do laughed of probably a joke he told and then her heart raced.

the view was definitely cute. something to wake up to everyday and she wouldn't mind at all. 

"good morning." she said softly. both jooheon and mrs. do turned to look at her. her mother threw a napkin at her. 

"good morning? it's almost 10 am... why did you oversleep? it's late!" she said giving boki the plates to set.

"do something come on, place the table." she said. 

jooheon's eyes met hers for a second and he flashed a sweet smile. "eggs will be ready in a second." he said with a sweet voice.

mrs. do sat at the table as she poured juice. "go help jooheon bring the food. i have a back ache."

"alright." she walked into the kitchen and ran into jooheon who was carrying the frying pan with the scrambled eggs. 

"oh sorry-

"i am sorry." both said at the same time. they looked at each other as both hearts raced. both opened their mouths to say something but mrs. do's voice coming from the living room made them stop. "what happened with the food? i am getting restless over here."

"coming." jooheon said leaving the kitchen and breaking the eye contact. 

he was definitely acting weird. but why? 

did it have something to do with that visit to his mom? 

he wasn't exactly close to her. in fact, she remembered sometime he said he didn't feel close to her and that she had married kihyun's father basically for social status. 

the breakfast passed without incident. just small talks. 

and jooheon never mentioned anything about his visit to his mom. what left boki thinking that if he had visit his mom, he must have gone to the yoo manor. 

maybe he encountered kihyun on his way? maybe he had a fight with him? 

it was eating her alive not knowing about it. 

"boki has to run some errands in town, can you drive her?" mrs. do asked jooheon. his eyes widened in surprise. "u-uh sure..."

"here, take it." boki's mom toss the car keys to jooheon. he caught them in the air with a confused face. "what is this?"

"our car's keys. it's yours for now. to run errands, to drive boki around... and since you're the responsible one, i thought since you kids are returning to college tomorrow, if you take the car with you, you can come and go easier and in a safe way." 

boki stared at him and her mom in surprise. mrs. do's car was brand new and she only used it when it was extremely necessary. boki even asked for it when she moved to college but she refused back then.