f o r t y o n e

nerves grew for boki each passing second. when the time of kihyun's arrival marked in her clock, she felt her temples throbbing, she glanced at the mirror one more time and swallowed hard.

was that okay? did she look pretty? 

she felt a pair of eyes glaring at her. she turned to find jooheon staring intensely at her with a poker face, deep glare as he put on napkins on the napkin holders. 

she looked away remembering the conversation that quickly turned into a fight they had before. 

she knew in a way, he was right, but listening to the truth always hurt.her phone beeped and she pulled it from her pocket, quickly realizing it was a text from kihyun saying that he had arrived. 

her eyes automatically went to the door and she noticed his white mercedes parked and then him, coming out of the car, almost in slow motion, like in movies. and then her heart stopped for a second. it always surprised her how that could be her boyfriend. 

it's not like she was looking down on herself, but truth be told, he was insanely handsome. he looked dashing as he walked towards the restaurand, handsome as ever, wearing a pair of light washed jeans and a baby blue knitted sweater, white tennis and sunglasses. he looked heavenly, like one of those actors in the kdramas. 

she swallowed hard when their eyes met and once he arrived the restaurant's door she couldn't help but smile. and suddenly, the unexpected happened. 

he wrapped her in a warm and tight hug, a hug that smelled like heaven and felt like a paradise on earth. her eyes closed as she returned the hug, wrapping her arms around his torso. 

she felt his warm breath against the crook of her neck. "i've missed you so much." his soft words made her knees tremble. sure, they were a couple. but they've been dating for such short period of time that they didn't have enough time to get into the pda. 

but now thinking about it, she was starting to like it. she broke the hug softly and he removed his sunglasses, his dark eyes welcomed her with a warmth she had never felt before. she felt like he did really miss her, and now that she had him right before her eyes, she noticed she had missed him too. he grabbed her hand and squeezed it tight. 

"i've miss you too. come." she said smiling as she guided him through the sea of tables, some of them were occupied and some free. but truth be told, boki had reserved a table, just for the both of them. a nice one, further from the rest with a nice view to the sea.

"this is very cozy, the place looks great." he said sitting across her. she nodded. 

"it's my mom's life work." she paid attention to the details on his face, to his expressions as jooheon's words popped into her mind.

he's a heavy fancy ass... he doesn't eat in familiar places like these... he doesn't like country people. he'll hate it here and you know it.

but he smiled widely, his eyes turned into two rainbows. "i can see why she needs so much help, the place is big but looks well managed - he said nodding looking around - what do you think? since we're studying business?" he said entwining his hands, supporting on the table, leaning forward to be close to her. she swallowed hard. 

"i don't know... i guess i've never think about it." she said glancing around. he just smiled.

"it's okay. you still have two more years ahead of you, you'll learn a lot and then you will automatically analyze every place you go in, from structure to organizational scheme, everything." he said with a sweet voice.she narrowed her eyes.