t h i r t y t h r e e

•    

her mind began to work as she wondered if those things he was talking about, where the same things she was thinking a minute ago. "w-what things?" she asked.

he looked down, as if he was ashamed of his next words. "w-well... i haven't been completely honest with you."

boki waited patiently as kihyun seemed to be debating whether he should tell her or not. "okay... i am listening." she tried to sound relaxed and even friendly. boki didn't want him to take it back now.

"well – he started, scratching the back of his head – these things are just... things that have happened before and i didn't tell you because i prefer to keep them for myself but i don't want to lie to you anymore."

boki nodded. "i... i helped your friends with something."

boki sat straight as she acknowledged this was one of the things he did behind her back and never told her anything about it.

"really?"

"yes. i... i helped hawon into this model academy she once mentioned. i just told my step mother that a friend needed to get in and she called some of her friends and it happened." he said shrugging.

"i hope you're not mad." he added.

boki just stared at him. she wasn't mad over the fact that he helped her friend, but it upsetted her that he never told her anything about it until now.

"and... there's something more. i ... i also helped wonho to get this videogame before it went public. this was a bit harder but i called a few friends of my dad. that's all." he finally said, looking into her eyes as if he was trying to find disapproval or something worse.

he didn't want boki to be upset about it but he thought that maybe if she was, she was totally right to be. "why didn't you tell me these things until now?"

he looked down, clearly ashamed. "well... i thought that if you knew, you wouldn't let me do these things for them. that's why."

boki frowned. "why wouldn't i?"

he swallowed hard. "i think you've said something like... they should do this by themselves, without getting help from anybody."

boki blinked twice in realization as she acknowledged that this was probably true. "alright. i appreciate your honesty even if it's kind of late." she said crossing her arms on her chest.

kihyun nodded, like a scolded puppy as she thought that was just the top of the iceberg. in boki's mind, he had done many things that had probably kept from her. or allegedly done things that had kept from her.

"is there anything else you'd like to tell me about?" her words were surely a surprise for kihyun. his eyes widened slowly as he blinked a few times.

"u-uh... well – he scratched the back of his head. a mannerism that now boki understood he did whenever he was nervous about something – maybe?" he said frowning with confused eyes.

"i am all ears."

"that day... when we had our first date, in that café, remember?" boki just nodded.

"i kind of knew jooheon worked there." the words hit boki like a truck. she sat straight and leaned backwards as if she was taking a second to take in all the information.