f o r t y f o u r

•

"omo... did i interrupt something?" boki's eye's widened as she shook her head. 

"mom!" jooheon almost choked with the tea as he walked away from boki, to one of the kitchen's corner. 

"what? eomeoni... tsk. what? what you talking about? is the age affecting you already? pff... i no, that- you just- no- he said as his chest rose and fell quickly, his eyes focused on the bottom of the mug. after easing up the tense situation and quickly changing the subject, finally jooheon and boki told mrs. do about the ideas of making some improvements to the restaurant, which mrs. do found interesting. after setting up a budget and a work schedule, they figured out the best time to work on the restaurant renovation was during the mornings, this way, when it opened at noon, it wouldn't interfere with the customer's routine. 

both boki and jooheon were excited to start working on it, so that next morning they went to pick up some materials, paint, brushes and more stuff to start the renovation. 

"yah look at this, it's cute right?" jooheon said pointing at the paint catalogue. it was a bright yellow. boki smiled. of course jooheon would pick such vibrant colors, it was just like his personality, just bright. 

"in business we analyzed the color psychology and it says warm colors such as yellow, red and orange are appealling to businesses related with restaurants or food brands... so that could work." jooheon nodded as he was learning new information. 

"maybe we can mix it up with something like this?" he said pointing at a black charcoal color. 

boki found the combination interesting. "and maybe... that bright neon orange?" 

"okay... i see it." they picked up the rest of the stuff and went back to the restaurant. boki was excited about the new ideas they both had, she made lists and schedules to work a small amount each day, so eventually at the end of the vacation break, they'd have completed all of their tasks. 

but not only the idea of the makeover excited her. also the idea of spending so much time with jooheon did. and even if she knew, her boyfriend manifested he wasn't comfortable with jooheon spending so much time with her, she couldn't care less. 

she liked being around jooheon, she enjoyed it. and she wouldn't stop being around him, even if yoo kihyun asked her to do such thing. if he never finds out, then he would never get angry or hurt. 

"we should start with the interior so people doesn't expect it to be ready since day one... otherwise they'd be disappopinted when they come in here and don't see a full renovation." jooheon said, boki nodded in agreement. 

"it's true. let's start with the paint inside." they divided their work and each took one wall and started painting. the new furniture was kept away in boxes and the old one was taken back to the backyward, this way they had plenty space to work comfortably around.

"mind if i play some music?" jooheon asked. boki turned to look at him but shook her head. 

"not at all." the music echoed inside the now empty restaurant, she glanced at jooheon and saw him mixing the paint in small pots and cleaning up the brushes. her heart skipped a beat when she noticed he removed his hoodie, staying with only a white t-shirt with no sleeves, the muscles on his arms marked perfectly, exposed right before her eyes. boki swallowed hard as she tried to look away. she had never seen jooheon's muscled arms before but boy, they were a view.

"yah!" his voice awakened from her trance. 

"uh?"

"are you deaf? i asked you if you wanted to paint that small wall? i'll take this big one."