Chapter 13

Krist was restless. He recalled mae's words. He closed his eyes and tried again. But he couldn't believe that Singto broke up with him and Godt was his lover. He loved Singto and Singto loved him too then why would he break up with me? Krist couldn't sleep. He looked over in his room. Singto was sleeping beside him. He smiled looking at him. How could he believe that when Singto is caring for him? If what mae said is true then Singto wouldn't be here then why is he here with me? Why he cried for me? Krist had too many questions. He didn't know whom he should trust. And what about Godt? Everyone said that they loved each other and Godt had proposed to him and they were engaged. But why couldn't he remember him?

Krist closed his eyes again. He took a deep breath and tried to relax.

"I will always be beside you."

"I love you so much."

"I love you Krist. I promise I will never leave you. I will always stay beside you."

Krist opened his eyes. He was sweating. He remembered someone saying all that but his face was a blur. He saw visions of someone kissing him and hugging him. He saw glimpses of someone smiling at him. He couldn't see his face. He was thirsty. He saw the glass of water beside him. He tried to grab the glass. Singto woke up sensing his movement.

He smiled at Krist and asked,"Do you need water?"

Krist nodded. Singto poured water and brought the glass towards his mouth. Krist opened his mouth and drank. He kept looking at Singto. Singto smiled and asked,"Why are you staring"?

"Sing, why did you break up with me?" Krist asked.

Singto froze. He couldn't look at Krist. He regretted every word that he said that day and how much he had hurted Krist during that time. He couldn't relive all those hurtful memories again. He wasn't that strong. He didn't want to lie but he can't say the truth as well. He just kept silent

Krist looked at him and asked again,"Sing, mae told me that you broke up with me 5 years ago. Means when we were still in college. But why? You said that you loved me then why? Did I do something wrong? Did I hurt you?" Krist was fighting back tears.

Singto shook his head. He was crying too. "No. You didn't do anything wrong."

Krist cried. He asked again.

"Then why? Why did you break my heart? Why? Didn't you love me? Did you have anyone else?" Tell me why. Please. Tell me." Krist sobbed.

"It was me. I wasn't brave enough to tell the world that I was dating you. That I was in love with a guy. It was all my fault." Singto said crying.

Krist looked at him shocked. He couldn't stop crying.

"Then what are you doing here with me? Aren't you scared now?" Krist asked.

"I made a mistake that time but I didn't stop loving you. I couldn't forget you all these years. When I came back from Korea, I signed a contract with Godt and I met you again. It was like a second chance for me. I didn't want to lose you anymore." Singto said.

"Did you know about Godt and me before doing that contract? Did you use Godt to come back into my life?" Krist asked sternly now.

Singto nodded silently. Krist was shocked. "What did you do?"

"I didn't do anything I swear. When I came to know that you were working for Godt I told New to do business with him. I only wanted you to come back to me." Singto said looking down.

Krist was silent. He could never imagine that the guy he loved so much would hurt him just for his ego. He wanted to know more

"Tell me truthfully. Did you cause this accident?" Krist asked angrily.