Chapter 18

The next day Krist called Knot to a cafe. His mind was still in a turmoil. He was feeling guilty about enjoying with Singto. He felt as if he cheated on Godt. He called Knot as he would give him the right advice. He smiled looking at Knot who had just arrived. They ordered breakfast and coffee. After their orders
arrived Knot asked,"Why did you call me so early? Is everything all right?"

Krist looked at him and said,"Everything is fine. I called you because I was feeling guilty about something."

"Guilty about what? What did you do?" Knot asked.

Krist took a deep breath and told him everything about last night. Knot listened silently. He just sipped his coffee while listening to Krist. After Krist finished, Knot asked,"Are you feeling better now?"

Krist nodded and smiled. He felt much better now after telling everything. He ate his breakfast and looked at Knot. Knot didn't say anything. Krist was surprised. He thought Knot will scold him as he didn't like Singto. After waiting for Knot to speak Krist asked,"Knot, aren't you going to say anything?"

Knot looked surprised. "What do you want me to say?"

"Anything. I am feeling guilty about it since yesterday. Godt never liked Singto and would always tell me to stay away from and now that he is gone I...."

"You just spent sone time with him. What's so wrong about it? When Godt was alive he did tell you to stay away from Singto because he was jealous. Godt always loved you and he was protecting you from Singto." Knot said.

"Even you dislike Singto so aren't you angry that I was with him." Krist asked.

"I used to for what he did to you years back. I hated him. Even I wanted you to stay away from him to protect you. I didn't want him to ruin your happiness with Godt. He had broken you once I didn't want him to do it again. But when you were hospitalised after your accident I saw him. He was devastated. I had never seen him like that. He didn't leave your side for those weeks."

"When you regained your consciousness and you forgot the past he was alittle happy. He took care of you. I know that he still loves you." Knot told him.

Krist was silent. He knew that Singto loved him but he can't accept him. He can't break his promise to Godt.

"It's ok if you enjoy spending time with Singto. Don't feel guilty about it. Godt always wanted you to be happy. If you are happy with Singto I am sure he won't feel bad. You can't stay alone your whole life. You need to move on." Knot said.

Krist shook his head. "I can't move on. I promised Godt that I will be with him. I don't want to be with someone else not even Singto. I only see him as my friend and nothing more."

Knot was about to make him understand but Krist glared at him. Knot sighed. He knew that he couldn't make him change his mind. He wished that maybe with time Krist will be able to love someone.

After meeting Knot, Krist left for his office. He felt better now. He didn't like when Knot told him to move on. He can't love someone like he loved Godt. No one can take his place never. Not in his life and not in his heart.

Singto was happy. He had spent time with Krist after a long time. He still remebered the way he laughed when he couldn't eat tge spicy food. Singto smiled recalling how Krist gave him pink milk afterwards. He was happy that atleast Krist was comfortable with him. He can be friend's with him always. He can wait for him to open his heart for him.

New saw Singto smiling like a fool. He asked,"Why are you behaving like a lovesick person?"

"I had dinner with Krist last night." Singto said beaming.