Chapter 15

Everyone was impressed with Krist. He took over the company and Mr. Kongthanin heard many praises from his business associates. He loved Krist and now he was proud of him. But Krist had become more workaholic. For the last 4 months he spends more time in his cabin working. He doesn't go out much. Mr. Kongthanin asked Knot for help but even he couldn't make Krist leave his office.

After one month of trying, Knot went to Krist's company. He met Bas and smiled at him.

"Hi Bas. Is Krist inside his cabin? I want to talk to him." Knot said.

Bas smiled and said,"Yes he is. Wait I will inform him first".

"Tell me. How is Krist? Everyone is worried for him. He has stopped meeting us." Knot said.

Bas nodded."I know. I have been telling him to slow down but he just doesn't listen. He is always in his cabin. He arrives early and goes late at night. It's good to see you here. Please talk to him."

Knot nodded and went in. Krist smiled looking at him and went to him and hugged him. Knot smiled and sat down opposite Krist. He saw Godt's pictures at the desk. He looked at Krist and asked,"When will you be free? Let's go for lunch. I am hungry."

Krist laughed and said,"If you are so hungry you should have called Tew for lunch date. You know I am busy. How can I come? Just go with Tew or you can go with Bas."

Knot shook his head. "No. I want to have lunch with you. So please stop for lunch. You can continue this after lunch also. Come na."

Krist was about to refuse but Knot didnt listen to him and went to his side. He grabbed Krist's hand and pulled him out of his chair.

"Either you come with me or I will have to drag you out forcibly. You can choose?" Knot glared.

Krist laughed and said,"Ok. Ok. Let's go. But not for long. Have to come soon."

Knot nodded. They went out and went to a restaurant. Krist ordered food and looked at Knot.

"It's been so long since we came out for lunch. What are you doing nowadays?" Krist asked.

"I brought you here to talk about you not me. You are so busy now. Everyone is worried about you. Why don't you rest?" Knot asked.

"How can I rest? I have just started. Being a CEO is not easy. I have to work hard. I can't let down everyone." Krist said.

"I can understand but you have to take care of yourself. No one will blame you for anything. You are doing a great job." Knot said.

"Thank you but I am not satisfied. I want to, no, have to make this company more powerful. This was Godt's dream. His one dream couldn't be fulfilled but I want to make this dream true. I want him to be proud of me." Krist said.

Knot sighed. He held his hands and said,"Godt was always proud of you. But do you think he must be happy seeing you like this? I haven't seen you smile or laugh like you used to. Please Krist tell me what's bothering you?"

Krist kept silent. He lowered his head. He didn't know that Knot could make out what he is feeling. Knot was his best friend and he had always understood his feelings.

"I know that you are hurt. But you are not alone. We are there for you. Everyone is proud of you. We are not saying that you shouldn't work so hard. We just want to see you happy and smiling again." Knot said.

"Ok. But can you do that for Godt atleast? If you can't become our Krist then can you become Godt's Krist?"

Krist couldn't forget his words. He was back from lunch but his mind wasn't in it. He kept recalling Knot's words. He had no idea that his working so hard was troubling his parents and friends. He looked at Godt's pic and took it in his hands. He moved his fingers on Godt's face and asked,"Is it true what Knot said? Are you also unhappy? Are you upset watching me like this?"