1

(A/N: this story has our new OC Ami. He's usually Yami's other personality. He talk like this. So when you see this he's talking. Here's a sneak peak at our next story. Enjoy the story by Star and I.)

Yugi was walking to school today instead of driving with his friends. Well all but one. His best friend Joey was walking with him. "Hey Yug you sure it's safe to walk to school so early? We don't want to run into any gangs or anything."

Yugi looks confused. "I'm sure we'll be fine Joey. There's other people out here and walking helps the soul." Yugi said. Joey shrugs as a car drives past splashing them as it pulls to a stop. Anzu leans out the window. "Don't mind us just wanted to come and see the babies who are too poor to drive do the wittle babies need a ride?" Tea frowns and looks down as Mai who is driving rolls her eyes.

Yugi wipes his face and sighs. "We're fine Anzu." Yugi mumbles. "Let's ditch these twerps. They smell like wet dog." Mai revs the engine as more dirty water splashed on them as the car drove away.

Yugi coughs and wipes his face again. "It's hard being kind to them." Yugi mumbles. Joey growls in response. "And who the hell are they saying we smell like wet dog. They may be popular but they're nothing but bullies. I hope someone teaches them a lesson one day."

Yugi nods his head and continues walking with soaking wet hair until he and Joey make it to the school. As they walk up the stairs the school guidance counselor sees them and quickly ushers them to her office and fresh uniforms. "Hi mom." Yugi said happily as he changed.

Kathleen smiles and hugs Yugi. "Bullies again? I swear this school has no reason to let bullies just do what they want." Yugi smiles softly at his mother. "We're fine mother. We can get through some petty bullies." Yugi said. Kathleen sighs as she reaches into her bag and pulls out two bento boxes. "You forgot your lunch today so I brought it with me and I made one for Joey too."

Yugi hums happily. "I'm always forgetting my lunch." Yugi laughed.

Kathleen chuckles as she ruffles Yugi's hair. "Well you better get to class" As they head out the door a teacher sets out a small memorial table for a student who died under mysterious circumstances. It was first year boy. Joey blinks at the photo as they pass by and then turns to Yugi. "Hey look at this picture Yugi. This kid looks like he could be your little brother. He looks a kinda like you."

Yugi frowns at the boy's picture. "I guess. I just think it's so sad about his death. Some say it was because of bullies going to far." Yugi said before they continued until Yugi bumped into someone. The force almost threw Yugi back but two strong hands caught him.

Yugi yelps before looking up. "I'm so sorry!" He said quickly. A dark chuckle is heard. "It's fine. It was an accident." The stranger said as he steps back his hoodie covering his face. Yugi tilts his head at the stranger and pouts. "You're taller than me too. Is everyone in this world taller than me?" The stranger laughs as his hood falls back a bit as his mouth was revealed. "Nothing wrong with being short. The short ones are the cute ones."

Yugi blushes and looks away. "I guess. Anyways I should go." Yugi said.
The stranger nods as a group of kids also wearing hoodies whistle for him and the stranger responds in the same whistle. "See you around Cutie."  He said as he walks towards the guys

Yugi waves as Joey pulls him away. Joey shivers a bit. "Okay then, that was a little creepy. And I didn't recognize that guy or that group he was with." Yugi looks confused. "I think he was nice and maybe they're new." Yugi said. Joey shrugs "I don't know his voice just sounded dark and other worldly like he's not from this time and day of age."

"I don't know but I think they talked through whistling. Isn't that cool?" Yugi asks as they walked into the classroom. Joey shrugs but nods. "Okay yeah the whistling thing was kind of cool but I don't know that guy just kind of gives me the chills."

As they enter the classroom the popular kids are already in their seats. Atemu the head jock is checking his homework as his "girlfriend" Anzu hovers over him. Seto sits boredly looking at a book.

Yugi looks at Atemu's homework and frowns. "Atemu you're doing the math wrong. You have to square the measurements then do the division." Yugi said with a smile.

Atemu looked up confused then back at the paper before he smiled and is about the thank Yugi when Anzu butts in. "He knows that you little brat stop being a know-it-all and leave my boyfriend alone." Atemu gives Yugi a sympathetic *sorry* look. Yugi frowns and nods his head before going to his seat.

Mr. Dartz walks into the class. "Alright everyone settle down now for the new announcement we have two new students joining our math class." Yugi looks at Joey shocked.