Chapter 6

Lolita ran through the flower garden, her dark hair flowing through the wind, she felt her dress stick to her skin, her face flustered from giggling and chasing Isaac. Sitting by the edge of the water fountain absorbing the beauty of the vibrant flowers, her favourite, the roses grew tall, leaning I she inhaled the sweet scent of the crimson plant. The petite girl felt content, she knew her father would find her. He almost did earlier if it wasn't for Isaac, she would probably be witnessing a king-sized tantrum right now.

They planned to sneak back into the ball room, as soon as Lolita's dress was dry that is, she only hoped that the unwanted guest would be long gone by then. She did not hear any signs of violence or disappear. In fact, the laughter increased, and the atmosphere became warm and welcoming. Lolita almost felt drawn to this, she so desperately wanted to turn back, walk into the room. But she had better senses that to walk in looking like this, the thin material of her dress had become partially see through, her hair a wet tangled mess, she did not look at all presentable.

She felt a strong pair of hands grip her shoulders and swing her around closer to the water which spilt from the fountain, she was now stood facing Isaac, giggling and squealing she ran away from his hold through their secret little escape, at this rate they would never return but Lolita had no problem with that.

Lolita was running so carelessly, she did not realize she had been running towards the gate of the secret garden until she felt the presence of a powerful aura followed by a similar voice. She did not pick up what had been said as the voice spoke in quite murmurs. Lolita's curiosity overcame her, wanted to identify a face to the voice she shuffled closer to the gate. Looking through the vines which concealed her hideaway, she saw a group of men stood outside the palace. 2 had been sat on the stone stairs while another pair loomed over them, she noticed her father was one of these men. He seemed deep in discussion with his acquaintance, she soon recognized the who the 2 sat at the stairs were, one was Daniel and the other, the Alpha of darkness's beta.

Virtually instantly Lolita's attention fixed on the figure standing next to her father. The shock of black hair contrasted his pale skin, making him seem ghostly in the particular light. His sharp jaw clenched and unclenched, the shadows defining his perfect features. The Alpha seemed almost invisible, almost unreal in his attire. All black. Soft black boots, black jeans, a black smart shirt and his signature leather jacket. He was faintly smiling, clearly distracted by something to be taking in anything from the conversation. He seemed to be inhaling deeply, then Lolita suddenly picked up the scent which had occupied his attention. It reminded her of the roses from the garden, the smell was sweet and alluring yet unlike anything she could recognize. Perhaps it was a flower? She noticed that the Alpha had moved, he must have thought this too as he was now facing in her direction, she picked up on his frosty pale blue eyes, those eyes she thought. They had captured all her attention, she felt transfixed, melting into them, they drew her in deeper, leaving her in a state of hypnosis.

She was pulled out of this when she saw the group now approaching the iron gate. Crap, she thought. Not wanting to be caught she reluctantly ran back to the waterfall to find Isaac laying on the grass, in a state of peace, shaking him awake from this, Lolita grabbed his wrist and pulled the boy upwards.

"Quick, they're coming" She spoke in a hushed urgency. Isaac picked up on the danger and led Lolita to a wall of greenery, they both crawled through a gap between the bushes and darted towards the palace.

Once inside Lolita's room, they both changed out of their wet clothes and into their evening wear, hesitantly they made their way back towards the ball room.

Vincent stood in deep conversation with Lolita's mother and a group of parents. Lolita felt a warmth once she was closer to him, so he was good with parents, she added that onto the list smiling. However, as she approached closer, she saw that his lips formed a frown, if looks could kill Isaac would be on the floor right now. Striding towards the teens, Vincent reached out to Lolita and put his hand on her lower back "Are you alright? You disappeared. I was so worried, but your mother had mentioned you would've been somewhere with him." He gestured towards Isaac with his free hand before running his through his chestnut brown hair. "What exactly is going on between you?"

That's when the realization sunk in, Lolita noticed why Vincent showed small signs of jealousy. Her hair was a mess, tangled and wet, her face flustered and red and she had a change of an outfit, with Isaac in a similar situation.

"OOO HE THINKS WE DID THE DIRTY" Isaac burst out, on the floor rolling in laughter, he was never a serious nor responsible one, however, the serious and responsible one soon joined him in his fits of laughter causing Vincent to look at the two in confusion. 

"Isaac.... he's......best friend......like a brother....alpha of darkness....ran away....fell....pool" Was all Lolita could say in between fits of laughter. This seemed to relax Vincent as his features softened. He pulled Lolita up and to her surprise brought her into a warm hug. Taken aback, Lolita stiffened but soon relaxed into his hold.

"Next time you're feeling scared, I'd really appreciate it if you came to me, you know? I understand that your friend obviously is really important to you, but I want to be there for you too" His whisper sent tingles down Lolita's spine causing her to hold onto him tighter, he was so caring. And, at that moment, Lolita imagined the rest of her life with this boy.

However, their moment was soon brought to a cold end when the harsh sound of the door flinging open filled the room. The crowd was brought to utter silence and the sound of a low growl emitted from the clearly aggravated individual. Then, the sweet aroma once again consumed Lolita.  This was no flower, she thought.