Chapter Six

"We have to leave this place." She said frantically after locking the door.

"Calm down, Cece."

She started pacing back and forth. "I can't. We can't let them decide where to go. I don't trust those liars! What if they pull us apart? What if they take you away from me? No.. I won't let them!"

Chase pulled her in a hug.

"Shhhh... Okay.. okay.. we'll leave.. we'll leave.."

She nodded in panic.

"Tonight. We will leave tonight."

Cole was staring outside the window of the conference room when he heard the door open.

"So? How did it go?"

He sighed when he heard Aiden's question.

"I told them what really happened to those child soldiers who stayed here."

"So sinabi mo na pala sa kanila na sa ibang bansa talaga ipinadala ang mga batang iyon at hindi sa mga kamag-anak nila.."

"I have to tell them the truth since the government is now wanting the same thing to happen to them."

"And?"

"I don't think they took it lightly."

"Why? I mean I don't understand. They'll be shipped outside of this war infested country. They will live peacefully elsewhere. Who wouldn't be happy with that?"

Umalis siya mula sa pagkakatayo sa bintana.

"They want to be left alone, Aiden. They don't trust what we're offering them. After saving them, wala pa rin silang tiwala sa atin. And I don't blame them. After the hell they've been through for how many years here.. At pagkatapos ng pagsisinungaling natin sa kanila tungkol sa totoong nangyari sa mga kasamahan nila, I'm pretty much sure it would be really hard for them to trust anyone again."

Katahimikan ang sunod na pumailanlang.

"Ano bang sabi ng mga bata ng sinabi mong ipapadala sila sa mas safe na lugar?"

Umiling si Cole.

"Wala silang sinabi?"

Muling umiling si Cole. "They just remained silent."

"Well that is bad news.. because if they refused what the government is offering them, they will not take it lightly. At alam mo iyan."

"They will see them as a threat, yeah I know." He grunted.

"So ano ng plano?"

"Beats me." Cole sighed. "But if worst comes to worst, I'll force them out of the country. It's either that or having the government take care of them personally."

"Well that is some really bad news then.."

Cece and Chase waited until it was late at night before they exuted their plan to escape.

"Did you get everything you need?"

"Money.. food.. a few weapons.." She looked at Chase. "I think I have everything I need. You?"

"Same."

"Let's go?"

Chase nodded and then stopped.

"What?" She whispered.

"Someone's coming."

She was quiet in an instant. She strained her ears and true enough. Footsteps can be heard on the hallway just outside their door.