Chapter Fifty

His fist immediately connected to the door as soon as he entered his room. He let out a harsh breath as he watched his fist bleed from the punch. Nevertheless, the pain didn't even help diminish the emotion he's feeling right at this very moment.

He's angry.

No. That is a complete understatement.

He's bloody furious!

So furious with her that he almost wanted to wring her neck a while ago just for her to see reason! And so furious with himself because he feels this way!

Isinuklay niya ang mga daliri sa buhok at saka napatingala sa langit. Tila humuhugot doon ng kasagutan kung ano ang gagawin.

Hindi niya ugaling magalit ng ganito. Hindi siya nagpapakita ng galit dahil lagi na'y kaya niyang rendahan at kontrolin iyon.

So why does she affects him so damn much?

How does she makes him so mad with anger and... and....

He groaned, unable to name the other strange feeling that is slowly festering his insides.

God help him because right now, he doesn't have any inkling on how to deal with it!

Napamasahe siya sa kanyang sentido ng maramdaman ang nag-aambang sakit ng ulo.

Umupo siya sa sofa at saka isinandal ang likod doon. Ilang sandali pa'y muli na namang bumalik sa kanya ang nangyaring paguusap nila kani kanina lang.

"Chase is all that matters.."

His jaw ticked upon hearing it again in his head. Mariin siya napapikit at naikuyom ng wala sa oras ang kamao.

He doesn't know why but the statement didn't sit well with him. Truth be told, it irked him to the core. Parang hindi sapat ang pinto para sa kamao niya.

"Chase is all that matters.."

Isang nang-uuyam na ngiti ang kumawala sa kanya. 

What a load of bollocks!

"She's willing to die for him?" He scoffed at the absurdity of the thought. "Either she had gone crazy or she's just plain stupid!"

"Chase will not think twice of doing the same thing had I been in his postion."

Marahas siyang napatayo dahil doon at bago pa niya namalayan, ang mga paa niya'y nagsimula ng maglakad ng paroo't parito.

"Nonsense.." Bulong niya sa sarili.

He continued pacing back and forth only to come to an abrupt halt when his door opened and revealed a grim expression on Magnus' face. He looked like he's here to give him some bad news.

And bad news it was...

"She's gone." Anito na nagpatigil sa paghinga niya.

"Pardon?"

Magnus sighed. "I said she's gone."

"G-gone where?" He cleared his throat. Blood hell! Now he's even stuttering!

"To where that bastard is. Anyway, River and I already prepared. Susundan namin siya. Binabalitaan lang kita para alam mo. David is on his way here. Kasama niya ang sekretarya mo. Mas magiging maigi kung magkakasama kayo ngayon."

"Who will guard us then?"

"We asked for some reinforcements. Our comrades will be here at exactly..." Tamad nitong tinitigan ang wrist watch. "..ten minutes from now."

Akma itong lalabas ng pinto ng pigilan niya.

"Magnus."

Muli itong pumihit paharap sa kanya.