Chapter Thirty nine

Pagbukas ng butler ng pinto ay tuloy tuloy siyang pumasok sa loob.

"Your grace, what a pleasant visit.."

"I do not think that will be the case for your lord now tell me, where is Thomas?"

"He's.."

"Oh forget it. He's in his room probably nursing a hangover as usual."

"He's in his study, your grace."

Natigil ang akma niyang pag-akyat ng hagdan ng marinig ang sinabi nito.

"Study? My cousin, Thomas? In his study at this early hour? Is your lord drinking in broad daylight?"

The butler smiled. "I assure you, he's not at all drunk, your grace."

"Is he now... that is not the typical Thomas.."

Naguguluhang inakyat niya ang hagdan. Pagbukas niya ng pinto ng study, Thomas is really there. Nakaupo sa swivel chair at nakasubsob ang buong atensyon sa mga papel na nasa lamesa nito.

"I do not belive my eyes.."

Nag-angat ito ng tingin sa kanya. "What are you doing here?"

He composed himself and walk towards his desk.

"Oh you know why."

"I don't know what you're talking about." He muttered before getting his attention back at the papers.

"Don't you really? The kidnapping? Ring any bell?"

Realization dawned on his face. "Oh."

"Yes, oh. And because of that, grandfather had me tailed like a bloody child!"

Sumandal ito sa upuan while smirking at him. "Oh it's nice grandfather has his eyes off me for once. I can't be the only misbehaving grandson, can I?"

He slammed his palms on the desk in aggravation. "Misbehaving? Don't talk as if I'm the blacksheep of the family, Thomas." He said in a low dangerous voice.

Thomas clicked his tongue. "Yeah right I get it. I'm the bad one. Always will and always have been. And you my dear cousin... future head of the family.. has always been the good one. What? One blow on your good grandson record turned your panties in a twist is that it? Tsk. Get over it, Derrick."

Natagis ang mga bagang niya. He clenched his fists so tight, preventing him from hitting his arse of a cousin so hard in the bloody face.

"Thread carefully Thomas. Putting me in danger once because of your recklessness is enough. I will not be involved in your mess any longer." He hissed.

"Well I did not ask you to get involved cousin!" Thomas hissed back.

"You've been ignoring your family for months! What do you expect us to do? Let you be?"

Marahas itong tumayo. "Yes!" Nakipagtagisan ito ng titig sa kanya. "You don't know what I am going through, Derrick."

"How am I going to know if you keep on avoiding us?" He said, frustration in his voice.

"You wouldn't fucking understand! How can you..." The future head of the family. The legitimate grandson!" Mapait siya nitong tinitigan.

"So this is all about your birthright?"

He clenched his jaw at him. "Just. Fucking. Go.."

"No. It's about time we talk about this nonsense, Thomas."

"Nonsense?!" Bulalas nito sa nagbabagang mga mata. He looked ready to hurt him.

"Yes, nonsense! Because no matter what you are.. no matter who your mother is... you are our family. That shouldn't defy who you are to us or what you mean to us!"