Chapter One

She stared at the blue sky in utter fascination. The sun is barely peeking behind the clear white clouds.

Her mother once told her that the sun is far bigger than the planet they live in. But as she look at it.. she's wondering how that great mass of cloud could cover that blinding ball of fire? It's fascinating how the great God could create something this wonderful.

But is it perfect?

Many people find it hard to search for something that resembles perfection because there is no such thing as perfect anymore. Almost everything that used to be perfect are tainted with the evils residing in this world.

Now not everyone consider their families as perfect. Some hates their own. Some treats their own with indifference but hers was utter perfection. For her, nothing could ever taint her family. Flaws and all, it was hers. Her family.

Her mother and father was her rock. They've provided her with everything that she needs. It doesn't matter if they don't eat or don't have warm blankets against the cold wind of the night if it meant she and her little brother would sleep soundly night after night.

And her little brother.. her light. Her oh so innocent baby brother that always gives his toothy grin at everyone and everything. Good or bad. Her baby brother who sees at things as if there are still good in them.

Her family was perfection that she wouldn't ask for more. They are her protectors from the evils in this world. They made her believe that there are still good in everything that are bad.

They are perfect and they are the only good left in this god forsaken world that they live in.

They made her believe that somewhere out there, there is a higher being that protects them. That looks out for them and will never let anything happen to them.

They made her believe.. they made her..

Until He let one of the most evil thing in this world took everything away from her..

She remembers... She remembers everything that happened like it was yesterday. It only took one day. One day to make everything dear to her vanish in ashes.

"Run! Run!"

She barely registered the loud booming sounds around her as she look away from the sky and towards the screaming voice of her mother. Her forehead crinkled in confusion at the way she looked at her. Like she was afraid. Terrified.

Another booming sound and that was when she looked around her. Her eyes widened in shock. Then fear. Then panic as she watch the people around her run frantically as if the very devil is behind them ready ro devour them whole.

One man bumped into her which caused her to fall hard on the ground. She sat there frozen in shock.

What is happening? She asked herself in confusion.

And before she could ask herself again, she felt two hands grasp her shoulders so tightly.

"We need to run!" Said her mother's frantic voice.

She didn't wait for her to say anything and just hauled her up and started running like the rest of the people around her. She shove themselves behind an old wagon when gunshots rained the houses near them.