What next?

Sacha went to get ready to go into work and left the couple in the kitchen
"So what are we going to do about the kids?" Fletch asked
"We've been in a bit of a bubble haven't we. The thing is Fletch, I have met all your kids at one time or another. I'm sure Evie and Mikey spend more time on Darwin than they do at school so it's not like they don't know who I am but I meant what I said I can't be a mother to your children. I can try to be the partner that you deserve but I can't be a mother to your children Fletch,it's just not me"
"I never asked or expected that sweetheart" he placed his hand over hers "but if we're going to give this thing a go, they will inevitably be part of it and Emma too"
"Oh well Emma thinks the sun shines out of your backside so I think we're fine there"
"Look Jac, life is messy and we can't just exist within those hospital walls"
Jac gave a small laugh "you know Evie told me I should go out with you when we were sat on the stairs on the day we'd kissed"
"On the day you ripped my heart out you mean?"
"Fletch...."
"Sorry. Very wise girl my daughter. In fairness Jac I don't think any of my family will be surprised given how much I bang on about you. The only surprise will be that you agreed to be with me"
She leaned forward and kissed him briefly
"Best decision I ever made" she grinned "your dad had something to say about us when he was sedated for one of his scans and I told him I would rip his heart out if he broke yours"
Fletch did not know how to respond to that. He was a little choked. Finally he spoke
"I love that you look out for me"
"Yeah well" Jac said embarrassed "you do it for me"
"So should we tell them that we are a little more than friends?" He asked
"If we want to see each other out of work I think we're going to have to. But tonight Fletch your dad is keeping your kids, Emma is still at her father's and Sacha is going into work"
"Whatever are you suggesting?" He asked stroking her thigh
"Oh I think you know exactly what I'm suggesting Mr Fletcher"