Classic Naylor

Jac called Sacha and asked him if he would collect Emma from school and go round to Fletch's to babysit whilst they were stuck in surgery.
"That's no problem hun. I might rope Serena in as well. She knows the Fletchlings better than I do"
"Thank you so much. I owe you one"
"Not at all. It's nice to be needed darling"
Jac still worried about Sacha even though most days he was getting better
Fletch arrived back a short while after. Jac examined the donor organ and when she deemed it suitable they carried on operating on the recipient
Jac and Fletch in theatre over the months had become a well oiled machine. He was able to anticipate what she needed before she asked. On less stressful days she would ask him for something totally random not what he was holding out expecting her to need. Their eyes crinkled and twinkled with suppressed laughter at these times and sometimes he made her pay with lots of tickling. Today though was serious and needed concentration .
5 hours later they were done and the patient was taken to ITU
They made their way back onto the ward. By now Frieda was back and she and Nicky had everything under control on the ward.
"I should really get home" Fletch rubbed the back of his neck
"Come to my office for a minute"
"Ok. You twisted my arm" he smiled down at the woman he loved
They entered Jac's office and she flicked on the lamp on her desk.
Laid out on the floor on a hospital blanket was a picnic of sorts. The best she could muster from Pulses
"What's all this?" Asked Fletch
"Well" she went to him and put her arms round his neck "Happy Valentine's Day. I do warn you that if you tell anyone about this I will have to kill you"
He laughed "you Jac Naylor will never cease to surprise me and" he said kissing her "who knew you were a hopeless romantic"
"Shut up Fletcher"
"This is great but you know I have to go soon"
"No you don't. Sacha and Serena are at your house looking after Emma and your crew. I hope you don't mind. I just wanted to spend some time with you. Especially after I thought you'd been involved in that crash"
"How could I mind sweetheart. It's...I'm lost for words which, as you know is a very rare event"
They sat down to sandwiches and crisps and fruit. A bar of chocolate was the perfect ending to their meal.
"So I met your secret Valentine today"
"You met them? Oh god it wasn't Nicky was it?"
Jac laughed "guess again"
"Scary Sue from ITU?"
"Think she was after your dad wasn't she?"
"I give up. Don't make me tickle it out of you Naylor"
"Ok. Sidney Sommers from the nursing agency"
"Sidney Sommers eh?"
"Something you want to share Fletch?"
"No not really. She's the daughter of the patient who left me all the money. I must have told you"
"I think you mentioned it"
"She came back as a nurse and sure we flirted a bit until I found out who she was. Also I offered to give her all the money but she told me to keep it for the kids. She came back a few months ago as head of a nursing agency and we went for a drink then she turned up as Greta's bridesmaid. Donna said she'd had her eye on Zav"
"Well it seems she had her eye on someone else as well"
"She said she liked me in a suit"
"Really? I prefer you in scrubs" she stroked his forearm
"So what happened?"
"To cut a long story short she asked if I could give you her number. I told her we were together and there would be no numbers being passed on and erm well I told her to get the hell off my ward"
Fletch guffawed
"Classic Naylor" he leant forward and kissed her "I love you"
"I love you too"