Evie

"Dad?"
Fletch opened his eyes to see Evie standing at the bedroom door. Shit
"Evie. Go downstairs darlin, I'll come down and explain" Fletch was acutely aware that he was naked as was Jac who seemed to still be asleep.
Evie rolled her eyes and turned to go downstairs. Why was he surrounded by women who spent half their time rolling their eyes at him
Grabbing his boxer shorts and a dressing gown he followed Evie downstairs. She was standing with her arms crossed with raised eyebrows.
Jesus she was more Jac than Jac.
"What are you doing here, is everything alright at your grans? Are the others ok?"
"Everything's fine. I'm meeting my friends later and I wanted my denim jacket so I got the bus back" she paused "is that Jac up there? I recognise the hair"
"Erm well yes"
"Dad you dirty dog"
"Hey missy, watch what you're saying"
"How did you manage to lure her into your bed. She didn't seem very keen on going out with you last time I spoke to her"
"Hmm yeah I heard about that"
"So just a casual hook up whilst your loving children are shipped off to granny's"
"Are you annoyed with me?"
Evie sighed "I just don't want you to get hurt. She really didn't seem up for it when I spoke to her"
Fletch ran his fingers through his hair
"The day you spoke to her, we had just kissed and then she pushed me away. You know how much I talk about her, you must have guessed how I feel"
"I think you're in love with her Dad but that doesn't explain why she's here if she pushed you away"
"She was trying to protect me, protect all of us. She didn't want you lot to get close to her and Emma only for us to split up"
"But...?"
"But she followed her heart for once and said that she loved me too much to not give us a chance. But we agreed that we would take it slow in terms of involving the kids"
"How long's it been going on then?"
"Boxing Day" he said sheepishly
"That's only like 4 weeks ago. Is that where you were at New Year?"
"Yes"
"Dad this is huge, you have barely spoken about anyone else for a year. Don't screw it up ok?"
He chuckled "that's what Jac thinks she's going to do but I won't let her"
"But you messed up with mum. Jac makes you happy, that's very obvious so don't do that to her"
Fletch blushed "I don't intend to. Are you ok with this?"
"I've not seen you this happy since uncle Raf died" she gave him a shy smile "I think it's great that you're with Jacula"
"Cheeky" he grinned and pulled his oldest child into a famous Fletcher hug.
Jac had heard voices and was sitting halfway down the stairs listening. Fletch could be a buffoon but he was handling this very well.
"Ok Dad I need to go now, we won't be back until teatime so you might want to go back to bed" she sniggered
"Oi we'll have less of that young lady"
Jac quickly turned and went back upstairs
It wasn't long before Fletch re appeared in the bedroom
He noticed that Jac had found one of his t shirts which came down to her mid thigh making it obvious she'd been out of bed.
"Hi. You ok?" She asked
"Ok. Did you hear any of that?"
"Mmm pretty much all of it. She really cares about you Fletch"
"I know" he said sitting in bed next to her "I think it's gonna be fine you know. They all have awesome parents, including Emma. You know what, we'll help them through whatever" he kissed the top of her head
"Yeah you're right. God I hate it when you're right. Anyway I hope you don't mind I found one of your t shirts. Didn't really want your daughter to get an eyeful if she came up "
"You're giving me quite an eyeful now"he said gesturing to where the t shirt had ridden up
"I mean you might as well just take it off"
"Why don't you?" Jac replied suggestively
"Tease" he chuckled and reached over to remove the offending item
"There much better" he said beginning to rain kisses on her bare shoulders and neck, gradually working his way down her body whilst taking off his dressing gown and boxers
"Aah Fletch that feels so..." she lost the power of speech as she continued to softly moan her approval