Alexis Journal Entry 27

I truly despise Mr. and Mrs Watt. They have always made things terrible for Shawn and Angel. Their constant fighting, drinking, and drug use but they had started a new bad habit. The parties would start late in the afternoon and go into all hours of the night and early in the morning. Renee would get so strung out that I would find her passed out on the floor.

Shawn wouldn't be able to sleep at night. The noise was so loud you could hear it from the Vanelzing house. The loud music blaring through the forest echoing all around and vibrating the windows.

I was helping Shawn clean up after one of the terrible parties from the night before. We had just finished clearing the living room of all the bottles, dishes, and the vomit that had crusted on the carpet. That was going to have to soak in cleaner for awhile. 

Renee came bursting through the back door. She went to her bedroom and started going through everything. We could hear the drawers slamming and stuff being thrown, but Shawn told me to ignore it and to finish what we were doing. When she didn't find what she was looking for in her room, she came storming in the living room. 

She pulled out drawers and threw the couch cushions. I had just spent almost two hours with Shawn cleaning that crap and she had trashed it in less than two minutes. I wanted to punch her but something wasn't right.

Shawn moved in front of me and pushed me back into the kitchen. Shawn must have felt it too. Renee kept flipping things over and shaking them. She began to throw them against the wall or across the floor. She got up and moved towards Shawn.

"Where did you put it," she demanded.

Shawn took his arm and pushed me further behind him. "Put what?" he asked.

"You know what," she argued. "Where did you put it you you little shit! Tell me!" 

She took another step towards Shawn. Shawn didn't say anything. He merely shook his head. Renee lunged at him knocking his head into the wall behind him. Shawn held up his arms and tried to push her away but it only infuriated her. Shawn could have easily knocked her out but she was still his mother. He couldn't do it. 

I remember taking Angel and hiding behind the couch. I held her close to my chest as Shawn and Renee fought. It felt like hours. The sound of his body hitting the wall. I heard a sound from Shawn I had never heard before and my body shot up.

Renee had pushed him into the table, his shoulder hit the corner. I had to do something but what. 

"I don't have anything!" Shawn yelled. 

"You're useless!" Renee shouted back. She stormed out of the house to find whatever it was she looking for. 

"Lexi," Shawn called. I whispered for Angel to stay behind the couch and rushed to Shawn. My eyes focusing on the blood that covered his shirt.