Alexis Journal Entry 65

Photo by rawpixel.com from Pexels

Shawn agreed to be placed in a medically induced comma but he said he didn't want to do it until he talked to me first. The nurse left and so did Cal leaving me alone with my Shawn. I will never forget what Shawn and I talked about. He held out his hand waiting for me to come to his side.

I crawled into his bed next to him and laid my head on his chest. He laid his arm across my shoulder. No matter how hard I tried. No matter how brave I think I am, I'm not. I couldn't stop my heart from hurting. The knot in my throat getting bigger, but I didn't cry. I couldn't cry in front of Shawn. I had to put on my brave face. Smile like you mean it even thought it's a fake broken smile that hides all your sadness and fears.

Shawn kissed my head and pulled me closer to him. "I love you. You know that right?"

"Of course I do. I love you too," I whisper.

"Will you pray with me?" Shawn asks. I nod. I sit up and take his other hand. Shawn leans his head in and touches my forehead. His words soft but scared.

Shawn unhooks his necklace from around his neck. He places it around mine. The little gold star of David his grandmother had given him twisting and turning.

Shawn ran his fingers through my hair hair.

"I'm ready now."