Alexis Journal Entry 72

Erik began drinking more. 19 years old and he was a border line alcoholic. Terribly sad if you think about it. Occasionally he would go out and party with Rayne and the others, but lately it seemed he was gone every night. When he did come home you could smell the alcohol all over him like he bathed in it. 

Chris tried to talk to him about his drinking but it didn't go well. I was in the playroom with Angel helping her go through the toys she wanted to give away. Cal was at work and Emily had gone to town. Luna was downstairs watching tv. 

"I'm trying to help you!" Chris yelled. 

Erik yelled something back but his words were muffled and I couldn't make it out. 

"What did you call me you pathetic bastard!" Chris shot back.

"You heard me daddy's boy," Erik said getting in Chris's face. Chris grabbed him and slammed him as hard as he could into the wall. 

"Erik!" Luna screamed jumping off the couch and running to his side. Erik and Chris began exchanging blows and Luna jumped right in the middle of it. She tried to break them but but go knocked on her butt instead. 

Erik didn't even stop to help her. 

"Stop it! Stop it!" Luna shouted.

Chris pushed Erik away. He just stood there trying to catch his breath.

"What is wrong with you!?" Luna cried wiping her face.

"Shut up Luna! Just leave me alone!" Erik stormed out of the house. 

Chris helped Luna to her feet. "Why's he acting like this?" Luna turned to Chris. 

Erik wasn't acting like himself. This worried and scared Luna. You could see it on her face. According to Luna, Erik had never acted like that way before. Couldn't Erik see that he was not only hurting himself but Luna as well? Luna loved her brother and cared for him.

"I have to go out for awhile," Chris said walking downstairs. It wasn't long after that when Chris came back upstairs with a backpack. He walked out of the house without another word. 

"Don't let it hit your ass on the way out!" Luna yelled. It took everything I had not to punch her. It would only have started another fight and I was too tired to fight anymore. It wasn't like Luna anyway.