Alexis Journal Entry 92

This wasn't my first anxiety attack. When I had my first attack, things were different. My mind starting creating problematic thoughts. My stomach began to get upset the more my mind wondered. Getting progressively worse the more I sat there. 

The negative thoughts brought me to tears. Within a few minutes, I had crawled under the bed and grabbed the bottom of it. I was frightened, extremely frightened. My mind was beginning  to see the worse in everything I had decided to do that day. 

Chris heard me crying and walked in. He bent down next to the bed.

"Lexi come out," he pleaded. 

I shook my head. I could not answer him with words. The words wouldn't come out. Shaking my head was the only way to relay my no. 

This didn't faze him. He laid down in the floor and slide under the bed with me. He smiled at me. 

"Things look so weird down here," he laughed. He took my hand and pulled me closer to him. "I gotcha." 

He tells me that everything will be okay. I want to believe him. I really want to believe him, but my mind says otherwise. It contradicts everything that Chris tells me. I can't make it stop. I can't turn it off. No matter what I do, I can't turn it off. 

Chris is always there for me. He is my best friend. My brother. I don't know where I would be without him.