Alexis Journal Entry 40

Shawn was sitting in the recliner wrapped up in the blanket I had bought him as a birthday present. It was a nice red checkered flannel blanket I found at the thrift store. There were days he couldn't get warm so I thought it would help. He loved it or at least that is what he told me. 

I was on the couch. We were watching a movie we had rented from Blockbuster. It was a pretty stupid movie. One of those so stupid it's funny type situations. Shawn was't really watching it. He was about to fall asleep. 

We were about forty five minutes into the movie when Shawn started grabbing his chest. I stopped the movie and ran over to him. 

"What is? What's wrong?"

"I feel like there is something sitting on my chest." I started gasping for breath. I panicked and called Cal.

Cal rushed him back to the hospital, but again they didn't find anything. It scared Shawn. The next day Shawn started meeting with Cal in secret. I didn't find out until later that he was getting his affairs in order because Shawn had me sign it as a witness. Shawn was preparing for his death, but just as quickly as it started it stopped. There was no explanation. He started getting better and his strength back. 

Shawn pretended that nothing happened but Angel and I couldn't forget. Angel would sneak into Shawn's room and crawl into bed with him. She was just as scared as I was.

A couple of nights later, Shawn and I were sitting on the roof star gazing. We were talking about our days and what we were going to do tomorrow when out of the blue Shawn asked me a really serious question.

"Will you take care of Angel if I die?" 

The question stunned me. I didn't realize how deeply this had affected him. I promised him I would. He really didn't have to ask. I would protect her no matter what. She was my little Angel and I loved her more than the stars in the sky. I loved her as much as I loved Shawn.

Shawn let it go after that.