Chapter 6

3 months later...

Adrien and I had made a home out of the house we'd found. He was a breath of fresh air and I kept reminding him of it. We did eventually go to Bill's to gather some supplies. Surprisingly they had lasted these last three months. But we'd have to plan another visit again soon. Hopefully Bill wouldn't give us a hard time again. That man was the definition of stubborn. But we got the supplies that we needed so we put up with it.

"Hey," Adrien said coming up behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist.

I rested my head on his chest and just listened to his heart beat.

"What?" I asked.

"What are you thinking about?" he asked kissing my cheek.

"How long we'll have to wait to see our good old friend, Bill again," I retorted turning around to wrap my arms around his neck and pulling him in for a kiss.

"We still got enough stuff to last us awhile. There's no need to be making any plans to see jolly Bill any time soon," he said.

"He gave us more than we probably thought he would, huh?" I said.

"That he did. I think it was mostly because of Frank. Bill just seems like a plain asshole," he said.

"He's just got walls that take forever to pull down. But maybe Frank has helped a little with that," I said.

"What do you mean, exactly?" he asked.

"Oh come on. Don't tell me you didn't notice," I retorted turning around to get some water.

"Notice what?" he asked in genuine confusion.

"How they are with each other. Frank is the level-headed one while Bill is...well, Bill," I said.

"So...the two of them..." he said as he slowly started to put it all together.

"Yes. Adrien. They're together. I'm glad Bill has someone at least," I said.

"Like I have you right?" he asked coming closer to me.

"I guess you could see it that way. Only if you want," I said nonchalantly.

"Get over here," he said taking my hand and then pulling me toward him.

He placed a hand on my cheek and leaned in slowly. We kissed and stayed there for a bit.

"You're so cheesy," I said once we parted.

"And you love it," he retorted.

"Sure," I said.

He chuckled and shook his head.

"So what's on the agenda for today, boss?" he said.

"I was wondering. Since you clearly don't want to see Bill, maybe the gas station we left behind still has some things we could use," I said.

"The station where we first met?" he asked.

"The very one," I said.

"How romantic. Going to where it all started," he said giving me a wink.

"Shut up, cheeseball. This is solely for survival purposes," I retorted.

"Sure," he said matching the tone I'd used earlier.

"Shut up and let's get ready to go okay," I said.

He laughed as he went to our room to grab his backpack. I rolled my eyes and pack us some water and food. We were ready to go half an hour later.