Related

Nobody knows where The Joker and the woman that is always with him came from. There are rumors on whom you might be: his sister, step sister, half-sister, girlfriend, wife... That's all they are: speculations , because there is no way a living soul could trace the truth; you made sure of that.

 That's all they are: speculations , because there is no way a living soul could trace the truth; you made sure of that

J was 7 and you were 11 when your dad and his mom got married. They were both important leaders in the New York mob, not the best parents ever but they couldn't help it. At first you didn't like him, but seeing he's not going anywhere,he kind of grew on you.

** You hear the faint knock in the door that won't stop.

"Sis, sis, open up please..." and you know he won't go away even if you pretend to be asleep. You get out of bed and crack the door open just to see him standing there, looking tired.

"Can I sleep with you, please?" he rubs his eyes, yawning.

"Again?" you whisper, opening the door wider so he can come in. "You're 7, not a little baby. Why can't you stay in your room?"

"I don't like to sleep alone," he gets under the covers, turning so he can face you as you tuck him in.

You sigh, lifting up your shoulders, resigned on the fact you can't get rid of him:

"Close your eyes and go to sleep."

"I can't if you're not by me..." he sniffles.

"Go to sleep, kid, it's 1 in the morning. Close one eye...( and you slowly close one of his eyelids)...then the other...( and you close his other eyelid)...and don't think of anything else but your pretty sister."

He giggles and moves closer to you.

"Sis, why don't you have blue eyes like mine?"

"Because we're not really brother and sister, you are old enough to understand that, right? Even if we were, the chances of both of us getting blue eyes would be really slim. Why, you don't like my green eyes?"

"I do," he mumbles, cuddling to your body and finally winding down.

** After a few months he broke his left arm. Since your parents are ever hardly around, you kind of have to watch him. Of course he wants to sleep in your bed all the time, especially since he's in pain and he needs someone to feel sorry for him.

"It really hurts," he complains, tossing on pins and needles.

"You were just given your medication, it should work soon; have patience. Maybe this will teach you not to jump from high places...yes?" you admonish him, caressing his casted arm, trying to soothe the pain.

"When I grow up, I'll make you Queen," he suddenly decides after finding a comfortable spot on the pillow.

"Queen of what?" you snort, amused at his silly games.

"Queen of...everything," he smiles, embarrassed, because he doesn't really know what he's talking about.

"Wow kid, am I in luck or what?" you roll your eyes, scoffing. "Now try to rest. Close your eyes and don't think of anything else but your pretty sister, OK?"