Fighting Hela

Val keeps smiling as she stands up again near me.

'No dumb ideas Val,' I whisper only to be scoffed and smirked at. She winks at Tony as he presses a button. Thunderstruck plays over the PA system and the door of the quin jet opens but Val waits until the first 'Thunder' plays and lightening strikes outside.

'Umm. I'm pretty sure the song said thunder not lightning,' I say quietly so only Loki hears as we jump off. He snorts. The plane lands and the rest of us walk out. Loki looks around and points out the huge rock pile that we will be hiding behind until the last moment.

'I will stay with Raven and Loki to make sure no one harms them,' Val says as she runs after us. Loki grabs my hand and pulls me running over to a huge rock so we're hidden. This will provide us with some protection. I hear Valarie talking and someone replying but I take no notice as Loki passes me the book and I quickly re-read it so I am sure I know what I'm doing.

'Raven...I...Loki could you please maybe hurry this up. I don't know how long I can take this!' Valarie's voice interrupts me.

'Shut up!' we both yell as we begin to cast the spell. It requires complete concentration. I can't take my mind off it and neither can Loki. I keep my mind open so I can sense if anyone comes up on me. Footsteps come up behind me. I gulp.

'Either stop that spell...or I will take the life from her,' we turn around and take in Val being held by her neck. My heart breaks and I want to scream and kill that bitch but I can't. This requires a level head. I can't lose it now.

'Don't. F...finish the spell,' Val chokes her eyes are beginning to bulge and her face turns red. She looks at me. 'Please.'

I push the spear through Hela's daughter's back and pull it out. Val is thrown to the ground and she bounces like a rag doll. I grit my teeth anger flying through me. Hasn't she been through fucken enough? I make my clone come back and disappear. Loki holds Valarie but she pushes him away.

Hela's spawn gets up and comes at me throwing swords at me. I twirl the spear using it more like a staff and use it block the swords from hitting me. She stops throwing swords and I step forwards and shove forwards trying to stab her again but this time she's ready for it. She takes the spear out of my hands and throws it away. I run at her and begin throwing punches and kicks at her. I can't use magic unless it's a last resort. I take all my anger out on her but still she fights back. Bruises form. Lips crack, eye bruises.

'Raven. I'll finish her, and you finish this!' Valarie yells.

'Alright,' I move back towards Loki and immediately continue working on the spell, ignoring what Valarie is doing.

I work with Loki and watch as the portal grows bigger in front of us. I don't know how to describe it. It's like making a normal portal with the normal pain coming from it but at the same time you're casting a banishment spell and an imprisonment spell. I don't know what to expect from either but all I can see is that it's so exhausting. Burning pain fills my body and mind. It feels like I'm on fire and dancing on coals. My muscles ache and my vision begins to spin but I keep pressing on. Sweat trickles down my back and face as the portal grows bigger.

'Val now!' I yell as it's finished. Valarie drags Hela's daughter over to the portal but I can see that there is resistance. The older girl kicks Val hard in the chest than knees her in the head. I watch waiting for Loki to take as much as he can so I can get in and help. Val hits her head hard on the rock. I jump over Val and fight the older girl. Trading more blows and kicks. Val gets up and there's a leg comes in. I watch as she kicks her in the stomach. Loki stands beside me his face growing paler and breathes becoming sharper as it is getting harder.

'Next time don't mess with our family,' I say as I kick her into the portal. I take on the heavy pain of keeping the portal on.It makes it harder to see and hear. I watch helpless again as Hela picks Val up by her neck again and starts squeezing her. Hela's mouth moves but I can't hear what she is saying. Anger fills my body removing all pain. And it gives out more magic. I hear Loki grunting a little in surprise. Hela moves towards the portal. Valarie sets herself on fire and Hela drops Val and holds her hand. Val shoulder barges Hela into the portal and begins to fall in herself. I move reach in and pull her out just as Loki and I shut the portal.