Forgiving at the bar

Hours later, I walk around the town and the beach again. Around lunchtime as I walk along the beach for the fifth time, I see Alec. I continue to walk until I stand over him. I look down.

'Alec, I need to talk to your wife. Just for a few minutes. She keeps ignoring me,' I say in a way of greeting.

'Because we are on holiday and you aren't supposed to be here,' he shoots back without even looking up at me.

'I know. I didn't know we were coming here. I legit woke up and got told we're going on holiday than woke up here. Please I need to talk to her.'

He looks up from his phone and at me. 'Why do you need to talk to her?'

'Oh my god it's like talking to a brick wall,' I groan.

He stands up. He's only a little bit taller than me. Not enough to make me look up to him.

'Why do you need to talk to my wife?'

'You know what never mind. I don't even know why. Oh, wait maybe because I'm not leaving until I know that she is aware of what she's done and doesn't go around feeling bad about it.'

'She is already aware of what she's done and have you not seen her. She doesn't feel bad.'

'The only times I see her is when she glares at me, hides behind her hat or walks away. Fuck this. I'm letting you know we leave tomorrow. See you back at Asgard,' I turn to storm off when he grabs my arm.

'I'll let her know that you would like to talk to her. But it's up to her is she will talk to you. She will contact you and you know her answer.'

He lets go of my arm. I nod once and run back to the villa where Loki and I stay at. I open the door and walk inside scaring my father as the door slams open. He bolts up right and glares but relaxes once he sees its me.

'Hi dear. How's it going?'

'Yeh. I managed to talk to Alec at least,' I say opening the fridge and looking inside for something. I settle on an apple. I bight into it and turn back to my father. 'He said he will talk to his wife but its up to her to contact me. God it almost sounds like a job interview,' I see while moving over to the couch he's on. I bounce down next to him. 'What are we watching?'

'News.'

'Boring,' I grab the remote off his leg and channel flick until I find a movie.

The next morning I go for a walk along the beach, Loki has long disappeared somewhere else. An hour later I get bored and return back to our villa.

I walk in and see Valarie sitting on the couch reading.

'Valarie,' I call out. She flinches at my voice, looks up at me and puts the book down. She's quick to stand up and actually looks at me.

'Sorry,' she says while standing next to me. The room falls in silence and I faintly realise she's waiting for me to reply but I remain silent, staring out the window.

'I just wanted to say I'm sorry for ignoring you. It's just I wanted to spend my first vacation like I need to. And I also wanted to give you time. What I did was wrong. I know you didn't read my letter. But I am sorry for how I acted.'

A shudder runs through my body and I look over my shoulder down at Valarie. 'I never got a letter. And did you really think I wanted to ruin your holiday? Did you really think I wanted to spend my first holiday like this?'

'Of course not, and I know my father was the main culprit of you being here,' she says while laughing. 'Look um I know it's hard to forgive people, but can you forgive me.' I look at her with a blank expression. She moves closer, raising her eyebrows up and down. 'There's a drink with your name on it,' she says.

I can't help but smirk and laugh. 'Only if you shout,' I say while sighing and walking out.

'Ok!' she says in an excited voice.

'Dork,' I whisper. We walk peacefully to the bar and she ordered me a glass of whiskey. She hands it to her and sits down a cocktail. I look at it confused.

'This is an expresso martini,' she says while showing me the drink. I laugh and take a sip of my drink. Trust her to find an alcohol that has coffee in it.

'Your lucky the age limit here is eighteen, or you would be drinking lemonade,' she says while smiling. I frown a little at this. I'm not eighteen. I'm nineteen.

'Hey Alec,' Val says while taking a sip.

'She's to good at this.'

'She's a warrior and she needs to know when someone is sneaking up on her,' she turns around to see Loki and Alec. I turn around as well curious. Both Alec and Loki are wearing Hawaiian shirts. Val glances at me then back at the guys.

'Um two questions. What? And why?'

'I'm teaching your uncle and your father how to fish,' Alec says.

'Oh God,' Valarie whispers.

'Ok bye honey,' Alec says. I glance at my father and he puts on a playful scared look. Valarie looks at him but only laughs and I feel her looking at me. I start only smirking but then it grows into actual heavy laughter.

'My husband is teaching your father how to fish. Now this will be interesting,' she says while slightly laughing. She turns around to find Loki and Alec. She laughs as she sees Alec trying to teach Loki how to cast. She grabs her camera. 'I'll be back. I need photos of this,' she says while laughing. She walks to them to get a decent photo.