A Letter

Two weeks pass and Loki tells me that Valarie is asking where I am. He refuses to tell her knowing it would only hurt her.

I spent that night thinking of what to say and finally decided on a simple letter explaining why I left and that I may never come back. When Thor turned up later that day I gave him the letter and told him to give it to his daughter. He reassures me that he will and I leave back to my room to keep downloading music. That is before Captain Ameirca opens my door and stands in the doorway with his arms crossed. I look back down at my phone, turning it off. I roll over onto my back and drop my phone on the mattress.

'What?' I snap tiredly.

'You need to stop moping around,' he says, no sympathy in his voice.

'Well what can I do? There's nothing for me to do,' I shoot back.

'You can train,' he suggest.

I roll my eyes. 'Fine. But only against you. Don't bring in anyone else,' I lay out my conditions. He considers it.

'What about Ironman.'

I think about it for a moment. 'Only Ironman. Not Tony Stark or ever mere human no matter how well trained they are,' I say.

Steve nods. 'But I am human.'

I smirk. 'Stop lying to yourself,' I tell him. 

An hour later I come back to my room, showered and change and drop onto the bed exhausted from the training.