One unconscious and secrets

One week later we stand around Valarie's unconscious body. As far as I'm concerned, we are supposed to be visiting her but Thor is using it more to question my decisions. With Valarie not needing all his attention he's turned to me.

I watch Valarie as we talk at her bedside. She lies motionless on the bed almost like she's dead except for the occasional rise and fall of her chest. My gaze drifts off her and on to the wall.

'Why didn't you let her heal you Raven? Why put yourself through more pain?'

I turn my bored gaze on to Thor. 'Because if she even tried to heal me which she was going too, she would have only ended up dead.'

'And how would you know? It's not like you can see into the future.'

'I can.'

'Than-'

'Be quiet, I think she is waking up.' Loki interrupts.

'Come on let's leave her before she wakes up,' I say. We can't talk about this while she's awake. If she knew that she never healed me she would be furious. I walk out of the infirmary and decide to lose myself in some more exploring. Within two hours I'm outside wondering through the forest when Alec appears.

'You know I went to see my wife but I was turned away. I tried three times and three times I was turned away. You wouldn't have any part with any of this, now would you?' He looks at me out of the corner of his eye.

I gaze stonily at the closest tree in silence.

'What kind of a person wouldn't let a husband in to see his wife or even tell the husband anything about his wife?'

I remain in anxiety filled silence.

'Unless that person was so scared about their life that they would rather to keep a family apart until the timing suits that person,' he turns to me suddenly. His sudden movement catching my gaze so I actually turn to look at him.

'You wouldn't be that person now would Raven?' his voice is like a silky spiderweb. But I'm the spider. I can't be trapped in my grounds.

'No. I do agree what kind of a person would do such a thing?' I fake innocence and shock. His face twists with anger and his arm lunges out and grabs hold of me by the collar of my shirt. He pulls me closer to him.

'If Valarie is dead and your hiding it from me, I will find out and you will die,' he hisses at me. He suddenly lets go of me and I stumble back. I shake myself and look up at him but he's no longer there. I turn and teleport back to the castle furious.