Staying with the Avengers

'No stop. You see this is where the adults do the talking.'

I shut my mouth and look away.

'Tony. That was harsh-' Cap says.

'Are you-'

I shut them up with an expressionless look. I've been told many told to shut up in many different ways. Why do they suddenly worry when I'm told by one of their work mates?

They ignore me and continue to talk about me. I tune out of what they're saying and slide down a little in the chair so I can gaze up at the high ceiling in silence.

The moment I walked out of the Asgard gates an hour ago, Ironman and the Avengers arrived and they looked at me puzzled than all down at some device they held in their hands. They saw the Asgard gates closed behind me. The expressionless look much like what I wear now. A resting bitch face is what Valarie calls is. Eyes clear of everything, face relaxed. No smile, no frown, no scorn, nothing. Just empty. Voice empty as well. Body loosen ready to fight when need to but it's not tense and not entirely relaxed as well. The clothes I wear now mean nothing and it's what confused the Avengers the most. The fact that I'm alone and outside of Asgard wearing normal clothes was what began them asking questions. They looked up when Thor arrived and asked what they were doing. They told him an alarm went off and the device lead them here. All of them. That's when I remember something and waited until they took me to their new Avenger's hideout and then I told them.

'Nick Fury had done something to me so that the moment I stepped foot on earth you lot would know.'

'But how come it has never gone off until now?'

I shrug. 'Most of the time I'm on Asgard or if I'm out of Asgard it's my clone that walks. I float around a little.'

They gape at each other than back at me.

'So now what are you going to do?'

'You left Asgard and you let this things go off so we came.'

I shrug again. Tony looks at me funny than at the device still in his hand.

'What would Nick Fury have done if he knew you were back on earth?'

I chew on the inside of my lip and look away. Why would Tony ask me that question? He knew just as well as I that Nick hated me and would have more than likely ordered me to be killed or something.

'Raven why aren't you answering?'

I suddenly smirk and look back at them. 'I don't have to answer if I don't want too.'

That settles them down. I watch as they all suddenly relax and some of them even leave throwing the devices on the white work bench in front of me. Tony moves in front of me he remains standing, a hand firmly on my shoulder pressing me down into the chair. I watch as the remain Avengers trickle out all of them throwing the devices on the bench. Once all of them but Cap has left, Tony drops to his knee so he's face to face with me.

'So where do you think your going to spend the night when we let you go?' he asks.

I look into his eyes and a small smirk appears on my face. 'On the streets or something,' I shrug.

His lips are pulled down at the corners and his eyes become troubled. His eyes move from mine to past my shoulder were Cap is.

'Why would you say that?'

I stand up, the chair toppling over behind me. I stand straight. 'Because Tony I don't know you or what to expect from you. As far as I know you are no different from any other adult,' I sneer, 'and that's what I expect from other adults. On the streets, in trouble or them trying to kill me.' I walk past him to the side of the bench and pick up one of the devices and look it over. It's a small box as big as a MP4 player. Something is thrown and breaks as it hits something else. I glance up for a moment before looking back down at what's in my hands. It's odd. I drop it on the bench and surprisingly it doesn't break. Anger flows through me and I struggle to fight it. I end up with my hands pressed flat on the bench, head lowered pressing as much of my weight through my hands to stop myself from lashing out. Someone pats me on the shoulder as they move around me and clear a spot so they can lean on the elbow on the bench and look up into my face. I look out of the corner of my eye to see who it is. It's Tony. I move away from him a little.

'There is a spare room where you can stay until I figure out what caused the alarms to go off,' his voice is quiet.

I sigh and straighten up. He takes the hint and stands up.

'I'll take you there now and come back in the morning and show you around,' he offers.

'Oh finally,' I sneer.

He glares at me but grabs hold of my hand and takes me to my new room.