Broken Valarie

A day later I stroll down to Valarie's home. Alec found her and managed to bring her back. I knock on her door for what has to be like the fifth time already.

'Valarie it's Raven. Open up...please.' I call out.

'No Raven.'

'Please Val, I need to know if you are okay.'

'Ok Raven...Ok...those powers were the only things keeping me living. I used them as a shield. A shield to hide my broken shit. With them gone, where do I hide?' she sighs. 'Just meet me at the Throne room in an hour. Please make sure everyone is there.'

I sigh and storm off. What the fuck is wrong with people at the moment. They all seem to think that I am a messenger.

An hour later someone walks in wearing what looks like my clothes.

'Val,' Thor calls out, the first to realize who it is. The hoodie comes off and Valarie looks up with tears running down her face. The room falls into silence as Loki and I are terrible with other people crying and it seems like everyone else is.

Well this is awkward.

I wanna know why she is wearing my clothes.

Maybe because she misses you?

We both know that's not the case.

Well I don't know.

Why is she here?

I don't know. God I have never seen someone get so upset over losing their powers. Not even Thor cried this much when he lost his.

But he knew he was going to get his back. She doesn't. We don't know if she will. 

What?

We don't know if its permanent or temporary.

'It was the chemicals. Somehow they took everything.'

'Is it reversable?' the queen asks.

'We don't know, the chemical is only new and we haven't fully found a way to get my life back.'

'I am sure it will be fine,' the stupid queen says.

'Fine...nothing is fine about it. I may never get them back...never. And you say it is fine. I hate everything about myself. But those powers made me feel just that little bit better about myself. I am not strong enough. I am now weak. I can barely fight.'

'Valarie,' Thor calls softly as he walks down towards her. 'You will always be strong in my eyes.'

'Dad...I can't protect my family. My children...I am their mother. How am I meant to protect them now?'

'We will help you.'

'No...you...you don't understand. I need to do it,' Val walks out of the room in tears.